Maths topics that you just don't like

Abu

• 2 weeks later...

Like so many of you, I too feel a burning fury for vectors.

I actually failed one of our vector course exams. I got a 2, did the retake and got a 3. It all sucked. Then we did logarithms and it felt like such an amazing, cool, calming relief - probably still only got a 4 on the course exam though, blah.

• Like 1

I actually failed one of our vector course exams. I got a 2, did the retake and got a 3. It all sucked. Then we did logarithms and it felt like such an amazing, cool, calming relief - probably still only got a 4 on the course exam though, blah.

Vectors have standard exercises. Do ALL of the past papers on that chapter and I guarantee you're going to ace the vectors question in your final exam. ;)

For me the hardest was convergence of series (P3 - Option: Series and Differential Equations).

• Like 1

I find Integration by substitution absolutely annoying and irritating. It's either that or my feeble attempt to jog my rusty brain in the middle of the holidays to practice some maths. That didn't go so well. How are you guys finding Maths? I found it great and easy in the first half of the first year, but towards the end of the first year, it's getting harder. laugh.gif:rolleyes:

Hey, I thought it was I the only freaky guy who spent his holidays doing maths! :D I'm reviewing my precalculus an limits-continuity notes, It's shocking that there are some topics or procedures I have completely forgotten, like wiped out of my brain! Luckily i'm doing it now before it's too late.

About your question, in general, I love IB Maths, especially since we are taught to be one with our Ti-84s! however, there's only one obscure topic I completely hate, and it is: Trigonometric Identities! I failed all of the exams related to trigonometric identities! It's just that my brain wasn't built to think trigonometrically! I even find calculus super easy if compared to trigo. It's so funny that we were asked just to demonstrate equations by using them, and could never solve a single one!

Also, I quite of run away from matrices, they are made so easy with the calculator, but I always forget what I'm supposed to do with them, lol. I remember that class, it was hilarious because our teacher was explaining us the properties of the matrices with 1 and 0s, she said and this la la la ... and it's special traits are ... this form is called infinite ... and it's special traits are ...- and then, "and finally this, this has only whole numbers in it". And then a girls asks "And what are its special traits"? and the teacher said, no one, this form has no special traits, and the girl says (while addressing to another guy): oh! just like you dober, it has no special traits. So we all started to laugh LOL

But really, I hate trigo identities

I'm a super fan of logarithms too! They always come relieving

Edited by Jirashimosu
Don't make 3 different consecutive posts. That's why we have the "edit" button.