How are you guys memorizing all these studies?

Cool Beans !!

• 2 weeks later...

The address book is a good idea. I took a different route. I used note cards and split up the studies according to the level of analysis it corresponded to. One one side of the note-card I write the names and date, and on the other side the other information like hypothesis, procedure, results, etc. Than you just flip through them every once in a while and before you know it, they are stuck in your head :)

• Like 1

The address book is a good idea. I took a different route. I used note cards and split up the studies according to the level of analysis it corresponded to. One one side of the note-card I write the names and date, and on the other side the other information like hypothesis, procedure, results, etc. Than you just flip through them every once in a while and before you know it, they are stuck in your head :)

This was more like what I did, too. I made notecards with the name of the psychologist and the date of the study, and then, like a memory trigger, because I generally understood what happened in the studies once I could think of which one it was.... If that makes sense.

The whole thing seems sort of silly to me, though. AP is for memorizing and regurgitating, IB is supposed to be about higher understanding... Or so I thought.

Oh well...

This was more like what I did, too. I made notecards with the name of the psychologist and the date of the study, and then, like a memory trigger, because I generally understood what happened in the studies once I could think of which one it was.... If that makes sense.

The whole thing seems sort of silly to me, though. AP is for memorizing and regurgitating, IB is supposed to be about higher understanding... Or so I thought.

Oh well...

Very true, that is what I thought. I was surprised to hear our teacher say: make sure you know everything about the studies, including names and date, but like all courses in IB you have to memorize a lot as well. So, notecards, address book, anything you can flip through (maybe even a binder and on each sheet a different study). It depends on you. Also, I am a visual person, so I tend to color coordinate. I gave each level of analysis a different color. If you are an audio learner, think about tapping yourself reading it and listen to it all the time to remember. If you are a hands-on person, write the studies down a bunch of times, because writing really help memory.

• Like 1

I guess just constant rehearsal... there's no other way.

It is ridiculous, though. Especially for HL psych.. there was to be over a hundred studies to know.

You guys using the John Crane Psychology Course Companion book?

I agree, the whole thing with memorizing stuff is really annoying and kind of pointless.

I'm using the John Crane course companion. I think it's pretty crappy.

Apparently there's a Pearson version out now and I'm thinking about getting that. You can't go wrong with Pearson books.

I guess just constant rehearsal... there's no other way.

It is ridiculous, though. Especially for HL psych.. there was to be over a hundred studies to know.

You guys using the John Crane Psychology Course Companion book?

I agree, the whole thing with memorizing stuff is really annoying and kind of pointless.

I'm using the John Crane course companion. I think it's pretty crappy.

Apparently there's a Pearson version out now and I'm thinking about getting that. You can't go wrong with Pearson books.

I have the John Crane companion... There is a Pearson one? Is it possible to order it online and do you think it is better than the John Crane book?

• 1 month later...

I find that memorizing what the psychologists did is difficult compared to memorizing the concepts brought up by the actual psychologists...get it?

Like, rather than writing down a list of researchers and just memorizing, I create a mind map of the actual concepts of the lesson, and associate each concept with its researcher, so I remember it like concept A was found by psychologist A rather than psychologist A found concept A. I don't know; it's easier to remember for me. Give it a try.

:drake:

using flash cards has deffinetly saved me so far...i usually stay up the night before a unit test and reread and highlight my notes and do flashcards

:) . Also just reading up on them a little bit and trying to understand them a little bit instead of treating it like an AP task. address book deffinetly sounds like a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...