Do you work?

ezex

Working while in IB  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you work, as in a job, or did you use to work while in IB?

• Yes
    • No

I wish I could work :P .

The closest I've gotten to working was volunteering. IB simply doesn't allow me that privilege..especially since I'm a huge procrastinator and working would only make that worse XD.

I know how that feels... but when i worked for my volunteer job they think im good so they offered me a job ^^ But...I dont have time for it so i said no!! I should actually get pretty good damn paid but well I will ask about that job after IB!

Maybe volunteer job will lead u any jobs ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, I think it really depends though. I kept a job for about half the year during grade 11, and a couple months into grade 12. I worked about 10-14 hours a week, usually 1-2 days during the week right after school, and on saturdays. I think for me IB isn't actually THAT much work, it's just considering how much I procrastinate that makes it seem like I spend a lot of time doing homework. I found that when I worked I did homework faster cause I'd be more tired and want to sleep earlier. haha

• 3 months later...

Man i don't have time for i job!! i wish i did though because I'm BROKE!! with studying, CAS and a social life, deffinatly dont have time.

Although i have head that having a job does look good on college applications, i think having good grades look better. I'd rather spend my time making sure i study and do well, than working and doing badly at school.

Also CAS, sort of compensates for the not having a job on your college application. If they see that you do service as well as have time to do sport and creativity type stuff then that shows your a well rounded student as well.

I do however tutot one kid in french once a week, which is good coz in contibutes slighly (very very lightly) to my income and helps me practice the basics of french too. so thats good.

I've recently had to raise funds to go to new zealand to do my gold dike of edinburgh hikes, so i got funrasing chocolates that i just had to carry around with me at school. so that was an esay way to make money.

-soph x

I'm going to begin looking for jobs as soon as summer school ends, so in August [and into September if I can't find any]. I want to get one because of the money, work experience is key, and if I make less time for myself to do homework - I'll have no time to procrastinate and thus; will do my homework. But then again, 2009 won't be too bad for me in the beginning since I have TOK, SL Chem and SL Physics [which I'm taking in summer school to prepare myself for it :) ].