Portfolio Type I -- How Many Pieces

shweetz

Uh. Hi. -that moment when you lurk the forums for ages and then suddenly pop up to ask questions-. Hope I'm not grave-digging.

Anyway. I was just wondering about how one should go about outlining the scope and/or the limitations for this portfolio task. It's part of the marking criteria, and frankly.. I have no idea how to.. discuss? it. There's really not much about limitations other than the general formula only fitting for real numbers...? But then again, one would most likely be able to generate a similar general formula for the complex plane anyway.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Also, getting increasingly annoyed trying to draw planes. Would I lose marks if I don't physically draw the 5th cut but rather explain how one can obtain the cut (by using a cube with 4 cuts, and showing/explaining how the 5th cut would be able to split 11 of the 15 pieces).

~

Are you sure your not looking at the type 2 criteria? I don't think in type 1 you have to consider the limitations etc.

And yes, you would lose marks, definitely on Criterion F and potentially on the others (C?).

Um.. Yeah I double checked the criteria; to get 4/5 in D one needs to "correctly state the scope or limitations of the general statement", and "A student who gives a correct formal proof of the general statement (criterion for 5/5 in D) that does not take into account scope or limitations would achieve level 4."

And damn. Fortunately after hours of trialing the pathetic cube finally managed to cut ._.