Idea for Art (theme architecture)

a.corn195

hi (: ok so i just started IB art and have decided my theme is going be to architecture. I just finished my first project and found it is kind of boring. I need a fresh new idea or some sort of inspiration for an idea because Im stumped for my next project :/. Any ideas that would be interesting?

• 1 month later...

may be you could relate it with something else. in my school for instance, there was a girl who made projects relating the op art and the architecture. in that way she built mazes in 3d or painted different important buildings in my crountry but applying different techniques related to optical illusions and that kin of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

i m new to this website.. i am thinking of taking theme as architecture of temples as i want to pursue architecture in future..is it good theme or how far i can go..plzz reply

Anything can be a theme. The goal is to not explore the obvious and to branch out and do different kinds of architecture, architecture from different time periods, cultures, places, architecture that promotes awareness of something, etc. You can go as far as you want, it's completely up to you.

it was too broad.. so i shifted myself to indian architecture of temples..but my teacher is not so properly guiding to me..so can u suggest me some website or anything that i can start with my first painting..and how i relate with research workbook..or any expert whom i can talk..plzzz help..

it was too broad.. so i shifted myself to indian architecture of temples..but my teacher is not so properly guiding to me..so can u suggest me some website or anything that i can start with my first painting..and how i relate with research workbook..or any expert whom i can talk..plzzz help..

I can't suggest any websites because my theme wasn't architecture, so you'll have to do some research yourself. But really, it's not hard to :google:. Just google "Indian temples" or "Indian architecture" and go from there. Also go to the library and get some art journals or books. Anything can be research. To learn how to relate it to the workbook, read through the IWB thread on here, it's quite good and tells you everything you need to know.