What's your theme?

robertomx

• 1 month later...
I was wondering, what's everyone's theme for visual arts?

Mine: The Universe and men through time and feelings.

sounds interesting, but it ended up sucking. Haha. So anyways, what's yours?

Man's Destruction of Nature.

Its getting pretty dark right now (the art i mean). Dont worry - it may seem like it all sucks to you, but that could be because you're too deep

in to be able to look at your work objectively. Good luck :blush:

you should base your theme off of something you like. so i piced the theme or jewelry, while i had friends who did batman, alicew in wonderland (the book), and then someone did human atatomy/ physcology (it was really interesing actually). so base it off of soemthing you like, and then you will be happy. try to keep itbroad though so you have some area to work. ;)

I can see Alice in Wonderland making a really cool theme! That'd be fun, too.

I'm still deciding on a theme as well. Can we make it rainbows?...lol In all my art I've used just about every color available. But it doesn't sound very sophisticated, does it?

you could go for a theme as color, or see if there is a specific color or message you were trying to convey with your use of color, and make that your theme.

there were times that my pieces all had things in groups of 5 or monochromatic... drove people crazy :)

• 1 month later...
Man's Destruction of Nature.

Its getting pretty dark right now (the art i mean). Dont worry - it may seem like it all sucks to you, but that could be because you're too deep

in to be able to look at your work objectively. Good luck :)

wow! i'm also doing a similar theme, although mines more technology vs nature.. i like the contrasting issues, but i'm also looking into how to make effective art so that people become more globally aware of how serious our situation is!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ktc_nuttymoo

Mine's "Figures in Space"

looking at the relationships between people in a crowd

it interested me because i'm claustrophobic and i feel i can relate to crowds in a different way. i also love the idea of being lost / alone in a crowd.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

My (SL) theme is the depiction of things that cannot be depicted. Basically a bunch of TOK stuff combined with some artistic license. Currently 2 weeks in to a major 3.5 ft/2 ft piece done in colored ballpoint pens that's driving me crazy since I'm in the studio for at least 20 hours a week and I'm half done. 80 hours for one project is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...