The Diploma

ABC123456

I have questions about the actual, physical diploma. Our IB Coordinator didn't tell us about this much.

When are we supposed to get the physical diploma(as in the paper)?

Will it come with our scores for the components of each subject?(As in IAs and such?) If it doesn't how do we get the component scores, or do we get them at all?

Thanks!

For my old high school, the diplomas arrived at the school in the early fall and it was up to us to come back and get them. Ask your coordinator.

As for the score breakdowns, I don't know how to get those. I never got mine (or never noticed them, if they appear on the page with your final overall marks - I dunno). Ask your coordinator.

One thing I do know about the diploma, though, it's shiny :blum:

I think we got our Diplomas through the post in October after sitting the exams in the May session. Although they did go through the school first, so it's possible they held onto them for a bit before passing them on. There's quite a delay because people have remarks etc. which get shunted into your shiny Diploma file. If you get remarks you get multiple copies of your Diploma, plus some random spares. I have 6 Diplomas! :P

You should be able to ask your IBC for your mark breakdowns already if you were May 2010, but you do have to approach them directly. They're not going to give them to you otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

oh my gosh. I need my diploma at university registration on August 23rd :)... that means I actually need it when I enter the plane on August 19th. Why the heck can't they send the diplomas of people who didn't want their exams to be regraded in time?? My coordinator said they wanted to send the diplomas in the second week of August. Which would be this week. So far nothing has arrived. And we have a ceremony on Friday.

oh my gosh. I need my diploma at university registration on August 23rd :)... that means I actually need it when I enter the plane on August 19th. Why the heck can't they send the diplomas of people who didn't want their exams to be regraded in time?? My coordinator said they wanted to send the diplomas in the second week of August. Which would be this week. So far nothing has arrived. And we have a ceremony on Friday.

The usual advice: talk to your coordinator! :)