What would you do if you were in control of IB Survival.com

Graeme

• 1 month later...
Whats the problem with trying to make a profit? The official IBO website charges a fee for its resources. How do you guys keep this site running anyway, do you depend completely on donations?!

I've had a couple of donations, but it's mostly out of my pocket. I suppose you could say I'm an altruist :D .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Impose a minimum download limit post number of 10 or 15.

-or-

Impose a breast-for-tat policy where people get something, for contributing something.

Just to stop the freeloaders. Great initiative Graeme, it's definitely more umm cozy and close-knit than TSR or IBScrewed which is great!

i agree haha, maybe seperate the english & other languages forum? like have mando, spanish etc in a separate forum?

Edited by Eternal.

Encourage all IB students to join this forum. I only see one from my college so far. The rest is not active I guess.

The more the merrier.

You think we don't do that?

I would change the VIP to policy, so that it depends on the kind of posts you post, not the number. In another words, qualitative judging, not quantitative.

Actually at the moment it's a bit of both. We do VIP people early (before 100 posts) if they've been making decent posts. It's just our call as to when. :blush:

I would change the VIP to policy, so that it depends on the kind of posts you post, not the number. In another words, qualitative judging, not quantitative.

As Lc said, we often VIP people before they reach 100 posts if we feel that they deserve it. Obviously this is easier said than done, but we try.

Still extending on what Graeme and Elsa said, it is qualitative, not quantitative at all. The 100 post limit is just there to stop spammers from reaching the old 50 and gaining VIP before we could notice it. Thus far, I don't think anyone has gained 'automatic' VIP at a 100 posts, but we've already VIP'd several people before reaching 100 posts.

• Graeme unpinned this topic