What would you do if you were in control of IB Survival.com

Graeme

Impose a minimum download limit post number of 10 or 15.

-or-

Impose a breast-for-tat policy where people get something, for contributing something.

Just to stop the freeloaders. Great initiative Graeme, it's definitely more umm cozy and close-knit than TSR or IBScrewed which is great!

Just let me point out the downside: people will start posting even though there is no need to post. Result: spam.

uuh..what do you think we do? There is no spam because we make sure there is no spam..stating the obvious yeah, but I had to.

• 1 month later...

I'm relatively new to the forum at this point and so far I am very impressed. The community here is amazing and supportive and everyone is happy to make a contribution.

I'm not sure exactly how the positions are determined (VIP, Administrator etc.) It would be cool if there were a bar or something that told you how close you were or if you were under consideration to be promoted to a level or just a notification.

Could we have a mini dictionary?

For example, I didn't know practicals were the same thing as labs/experiments until last week-ish. I wasn't exposed to much of the IB terminology because my teachers just didn't use it. I still don't know what Group 1, 2, 3, and 4 works are for Language A1--stuff like that. A quick reference guide thing. I wouldn't mind making a compilation and pdf'ing it, but I'm not a know-it-all. I'd need plenty of help.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I'm a little cautious saying this, but would it be a good idea to have a pop-up like screen with the EE rules show up when someone tries to start a new topic for the EE forum?

Kinda like how you can get a notification on IBS if you've received a PM.

Definitely something I'll look into.

• 1 month later...

I know that on phpbb3 boards (not sure if this is possible on IPB) when you go to reply to a post (NOT quick reply) they give you the history of the tpoic underneath the text box (i.e. every post before the one you're about to make in reverse chronological order). It stops people having to click "BACK" when they just want to check what one person said.

• 4 weeks later...

I know that on phpbb3 boards (not sure if this is possible on IPB) when you go to reply to a post (NOT quick reply) they give you the history of the tpoic underneath the text box (i.e. every post before the one you're about to make in reverse chronological order). It stops people having to click "BACK" when they just want to check what one person said.

I've turned it on now. It uses extra resources but I can test it for a while and see if there is a performance issue or not :rolleyes:.

If I was in control of IBS I'd rule with an iron fist and force all IBSgoers to submit to a cruel and harsh world of excessive work, little recognition or sleep, and often ridiculously difficult trials that span a broad range of sometimes unrelated subjects and disciplines.

Well, that or I'd just remind everyone here that they're in IB =P

• 4 months later...

lol

I would put back the arcade, remove the maxinum limit of images in posts (thread specific possibly ;) ), make up more creative names for outliers (i.e. nonexistent, 160 are not very good rating names), and possibly remove some features that i don't think are used to often, like manage ignored users in userbar, start a new topic in a thread, ect.

oh yeah, and make a better title for the "important announcment" that appears on every single page please :P

Edited by 2401 I Hate Tangents

lol

I would put back the arcade, remove the maxinum limit of images in posts (thread specific possibly :) ), make up more creative names for outliers (i.e. nonexistent, 160 are not very good rating names), and possibly remove some features that i don't think are used to often, like manage ignored users in userbar, start a new topic in a thread, ect.

oh yeah, and make a better title for the "important announcment" that appears on every single page please :)

Arcade will return when it is more stable (they are still developing it now :)). I didn't have time to come up with names, but feel free to come up with some titles and post them in About IBS! That would be great.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

You know that navigation bar that goes

IB Survival > General > General Discussion > Topic Name
? Hows about we have one of those at the bottom of the topic so that when you answer a post and want to go to a specific board, you don't have to scroll all the way up? Just a suggestion. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

You know that navigation bar that goes

IB Survival > General > General Discussion > Topic Name
? Hows about we have one of those at the bottom of the topic so that when you answer a post and want to go to a specific board, you don't have to scroll all the way up? Just a suggestion. :coffee:

That's a good idea. I'll think about it for the next version (coming soon).

Also, remember you can use the little up arrow on the left of each post to instantly scroll to the top. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Graeme unpinned this topic