CAS project

We did a fund raising project for a sister school in Sri Lanka. The fund raising was basically done by selling food over a period of two days in our school. It was actually a profitable business :blink: , and we got to send the money we got to Sri Lanka. Good and fun at the same time that project was. You might find it helpful to adopt the same idea for a cause you believe in.

That counts as service as you might have guessed.

That's what i have for now. I'll try to come up with more ideas and come back to write them :)

Yeah, it was awsome :gluck: i made the mod and the rest of the group handled the paperwork :) w00t

Although once 15 people showed up my mod started to lag and kick people out so we went back to blood gulch but still it went for 2-3+ hours pretty awsome :) better than other groups at my school... one wanted to make a carnival or something.

And the evidence for the project was pretty fun... i put on a few youtube videos about my mod and then put a screenshot of me modding :D

Edited by 2401 I Hate Tangents

Just launched a website with 100+ charity intiatives in my country - Egypt - so people can sign in and volunteer to whatever appears suitable for them. Will also start going out and reporting about the intiatives - loads of interviewing and filming!

Now trying to think of a way to incorporate action into this... That's my biggest CAS project so far but I've done loads of others for the past year.

You can check the website: <irmihelbahr.org>

:gluck:

Doesn't the project have to cover at least 12 months of working?

That doesn't matter, at least that's what my CAS coordinator has told me. But our CAS projest has to cover at least two ares of CAS, e.g. creativity and service, or action and creativity....And it has to be big, a lot of people have to be involved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Doesn't the project have to cover at least 12 months of working?

That doesn't matter, at least that's what my CAS coordinator has told me. But our CAS projest has to cover at least two ares of CAS, e.g. creativity and service, or action and creativity....And it has to be big, a lot of people have to be involved.

I think rules are pretty different from school to school, we do not have either of those 3 rules at my school :P

For CAS our bigger projects in class (/group activities) have been paintball, film club (watching films then discussing them), and language course (starting japanese soon) :P Other than that we've done stuff like cooking, political meetings and taking extra classes.