May 2010 Official Results Thread

Abu

I only took Maths SL and Physics SL this year. Got a 5 on both. Much better than I had expected, considering I had no idea what I was doing most of the exams (: But it's a little disheartening because Physics boundaries are usually quite low and I dunno, I didn't think I did that bad. But ah well, I haven't failed! That's all that matters!

English A1 HL - 6

Biology HL - 6

Chemistry HL - 7

Mathematics SL- 7

History SL - 7

French B SL - 7 (Last year)

History EE - A

TOK - A

Total: 43

Pretty happy, a little disappointed about Bio, but I ended up matching my predicted total. (Though I was predicted 6 in math and 7 in bio.) Anyways, going to U of T Life Science next year. Congratulations May 2010 candidates!

2010 MAY SWEDISH A1 HL 7

2010 MAY GERMAN B SL 7

2010 MAY PHILOSOPHY EE in ENGLISH B

2010 MAY PHILOSOPHY HL in ENGLISH 6

2010 MAY CHEMISTRY HL in ENGLISH 7

2010 MAY PHYSICS SL in ENGLISH 7

2010 MAY MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 7

2010 MAY THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH A

Total: 44

A bit surprised, thought the 6 would rather be in Swedish than in Philosophy. Know that this is damn good, but I can't help feeling some slight disappointment, I really wanted 45 points... :(

2010 MAY ENGLISH A1 SL 5

2010 MAY FRENCH B SL 7

2010 MAY HISTORY SL in ENGLISH 5

2010 MAY CHEMISTRY HL in ENGLISH 7

2010 MAY PHYSICS HL in ENGLISH 7

2010 MAY MATHEMATICS EE in ENGLISH C

2010 MAY MATHEMATICS HL in ENGLISH 7

2010 MAY THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH B

Total 39. Dissapointed with 5 in history, had anticipated a 6. Also dissapointed with C in EE. Should have never done it in math. Anyway, wished for two more points, but meh. Extremely happy with 777 in HL's though.

I have only taken two IB exams so far and I am not too happy. I got a 6 in French B SL and a 5 in Geography SL. I thought the geography exam was really easy so I am pretty surprised I got a 5...I was predicted a 6. A 6 in French came as a surprise to me because I didn't really like the exam. Oh well, hopefully the other other exams turn out to be great...I am studying for sure over the summer. Do you guys have any tips to improve in Physics Hl, Chem HL and Math HL? I am horrible at these courses.

The fact that I could access my scores made me more excited than the actual scores... hahaha

May 09

Spanish B SL - 6

Physics SL - 5

May 10

Math SL - 7

English A1 HL - 5

History HL - 5

Bio HL - 6

History EE - C

TOK - A

I expected an A/B in the EE and a C in TOK ... haha whatever works.

Congrats to everyone for fighting their own, personal battle and surviving :(

EE/TOK points: 2

Total points: 36

Results: Diploma awarded

I finally understand how sweet the last two words are =)

i wasn't planning on posting my grades, but since most of you did, i will too ;P

Arabic A1 SL: 6

English A2 SL: 6

Business and Management SL: 6

Biology HL: 5

Chemistry HL: 5

Math HL: 4 ( :) )

Arabic EE: B

TOK: B

Bonus: 2

Total: 34

well, i expected 3 on chemistry since all 3 papers were disasters! In biology though, i expected higher, maybe 6, but got 5. I won't say anything about Math, because i really have no idea how i got those 4 marks, i barely solved some questions from each paper, and not all of them were correct! :(

To be honest, although i'm already accepted in the universtiy i wanted, i'm considering retaking both Math and Chemistry, and maybe Biology. I'll see what i can do. Maybe i can get a higher mark in math than this shameful 4, haha!

i'm really happy that i got the diploma with a 6 (yaay!) in Business and Management, the worst subject ever!!! :)

Looking at other people's scores, I feel very mediocre. Luckily, I far and away exceeded what I actually needed to get to maintain my free ride to my university, so I'm perfectly happy with my marks.

English A1 HL - 5 (A little disappointed, I blame this on my horrible oral commentary)

French B SL - 6 (Meh, I don't really care.)

History of Europe and the Islamic World HL - 6 (Extremely surprised by this, expecting a 4)

Biology HL - 5 (Barely got the mark required for completion of first year university biology, content with that)

Chemistry HL - 6 (I was expecting a 5, but needed a 6 to obtain credit for first year university advanced chemistry. Extremely happy with this)

Maths SL - 7 (I had an extremely bad time with the exam, but I knew I deserved a 7, and I got it. Extremely happy with this.)

Extended Essay in History - B (Completely astounded by this, I was expecting a C at most)

Theory of Knowledge - C (Unimpressed, considering I was predicted a B at least. Doesn't really matter.)

EE/ToK Points: 1 (Exactly as I suspected)

Total: 36 points

Results: Diploma awarded (Two of the most amazing words ever displayed)

These made my yesterday (and today as well) :

Finnish A1 HL - 6

English A2 HL - 7

Psychology HL - 6

French ab initio SL - 6

Physics SL - 4

Mathematics SL - 3

ToK and EE - 1 point

Total 33

Bilingual Diploma awarded

I was expecting to fail math and get a three from physics (although I was predicted a three and a five respectively), but surprise, I passed! My Finnish grade dropped by one from the predicted value but I didn't think I'd worked enough for a seven. All in all, I'm happy with my grades. The only thing I think isn't what it should be is ToK - I got C for some unknown reason after having been predicted an A.

My university choices aren't impaired by the results, which I'm really happy about. Some from my class would've needed that one point more to get to the uni they wanted. So, I ended up just fine! The IB itself wasn't the most psychologically stable time of my life, I had lots of downs which took my attention away from studying. Now as I have the results, it feels odd not to have to worry for anything anymore. It's wonderful how relaxed and happy I feel now, compared to constant fear and nervousness I felt through the past three years (Pre-IB year plus the two years of IB)!

So, was it worth it? Definitely.

Catalan A1 HL 6

English B SL 6

Philosophy SL 6

Chemistry SL 6

Physics HL 6

Mathematics HL 7

Physics EE A

ToK B

EE/TOK points: 3

Total points: 40

Results: Bilingual Diploma awarded

Totally unexpected. Our teachers didn't tell us our predicted grades, so I was thinking I would get 30-35.

EE: B TOK: B -> 2

English A1 SL 5

Mandarin Ab initio 7

Economics SL 7

Maths HL 7

Chemistry HL 7

Physics HL 7

Total: 42/45

A bit disappointed with English, thought i would get a 6 and for EE an A. Really wish for 2 more points but oh well that does not matter anymore, heading off to Stanford University this fall :P

Now that my Pending English result is here...

English A1 HL - 6 (extremely disappointed since I plan to major in English)

Spanish A2 SL - 7

History HL - 7

Chemistry SL - 6

Mathematics SL - 4

Film HL - 7

EE (Film) - A

ToK - B

Total = 40/45

Overall: I got 40+ which is cool, but I'm still a bit disappointed. I was expecting a 7 in English and a 5 in Maths... oh well! Columbia University in the Fall ^^ Ivy League here I come :P

• 1 month later...