Your Feelings About WL1 & WL2

lishnaa

Having done both, I must say that World Lit. 2 was far better than World Lit. 1.

I find it very difficult to compare books (which is why English paper two this year was kinda terrible for me) but I really like commentaries, so World Lit. 1 was just awful. I did a commentary for World Lit. 2, so I'm hoping the decent mark I get on that will even out the poor mark I got on the other.

I had a much better time writing WL2, for the reasons you all stated above (mostly because I'm terrible at comparisons), but also because I just threw together a bunch of my journal entries, added transitions and a unifying thesis statement, and called it my WL2. Surprisingly enough, my teacher said it was the best writing I've done in his two years of teaching me, haha :D

I agree with most of the other posters; WL2 was easier and more enjoyable, insofar as IB assignments can be considered enjoyable, than WL1. Mostly because WL1, for most IB kids, is the first assignment of its kind that IB kids have to do, and the teacher really can't help you beyond giving the assignment. I liked the greater degree of freedom for WL2, too; I don't remember what I did, exactly, probably a commentary about the portrayal of women or something, but I do know I loathed WL1 a lot more than I did 2.

I had a much better time writing WL2, for the reasons you all stated above (mostly because I'm terrible at comparisons), but also because I just threw together a bunch of my journal entries, added transitions and a unifying thesis statement, and called it my WL2. Surprisingly enough, my teacher said it was the best writing I've done in his two years of teaching me, haha XD

:P !

My teacher said the exact same thing.

After all the comments she added that it was the best thing I've written so far :D

Good to hear though

• 1 month later...

I did not like WL1 particularly, but that might be due to my teacher saying that "it did fulfil her expectations". I think at least that the final version was decent.

WL2 was so fun! I wrote the epilogue of Crime and Punishment as if it were a biblical passage. I think I'll score rather well on that (at least I hope so).