English A1 paper 2 - 2010

pomoni

Chose the first question. The one about character motivation or something. Was tricky in the sense that half the stuff I talked about was confusing lol. Did anyone find that general questions this around were much more better? I was confused if I should do those but my English teacher said I should stay away from them. :P

Standard level, I did question 2 on introductions of characters.

I was just very glad to get out of that exam!!

It was a nice question, but half way through my exam, I realised I had totally bended the question to ask a slightly different one. On the IB calculator, I put it what I thought I got - I can still get a 5 thankfully. Phew!

I'm on TZ1, and I did number 11 (something like) "Discuss education or learning (in the widest sense) in at least two of the works you have studied." I talked about learning as a means of character development (in terms of main characters learning about the world they're in). Yay open ended questions!

HL, TZ1, here. I did number five, which was about the quote, "where other people exist genuine individuality is impossible." We studied Perfume, Song of Solomon, Heart of Darkness, and Sound and the Fury. I read Perfume but because my teacher isn't very good with time management, I never really had any detailed study of it; it would have been a good example, but I used Song of Solomon and Heart of Darkness and discussed the characters on their quests for truth/identity with or without the presence of others.

Just wondering, who memorized/used quotes when responding to their questions? My teacher recommended we memorize some for the test, as did a bunch of people on here, and I think I ended up using about fifteen. A lot of people from my school probably didn't, and I'm just wondering what sort of effect that will have on their score.

Hey! I did #5 too haha

I used the books The Handmaid's Tale and Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress. I wish I had more time because I really had a lot more to say. I didn't memorize any quotations, but I used phrases from the books that fit. I should have studied a little bit more, but I was freaking out about AP Physics C, so whatever.

I read Heart of Darkness a couple of years ago. We all hated that book. I guess I kind of see what you might have talked about, although I don't remember it in detail.

jwcgator, I almost did the question you did. :D

Standard level, I did question 2 on introductions of characters.

I was just very glad to get out of that exam!!

It was a nice question, but half way through my exam, I realised I had totally bended the question to ask a slightly different one. On the IB calculator, I put it what I thought I got - I can still get a 5 thankfully. Phew!

I chose this question too! I discussed 3 plays but I feel like my structure was so bad. So again I have a very bad feeling about this exam. How did you structure your essay and how did you tackle the question?

I think I'm in TZ1. I did number 1 for Drama. It was something about Drama always containing rituals. Did anyone else choose this? I'd like to know how you guys tackled it because I am afraid of the possibility that I misinterpreted what it was asking me or something along the lines of that.

I'm in TZ1 and I answered #5 too with the individuality and presence of others. We studied Madame Bovary, The Grass is Singing, some short stories by Flannery O'Connor and some by Eudora Welty. I used Madame Bovary and The Grass is Singing to answer it, I thought they both fit really well with the question :D

• 3 weeks later...

I did one of them. In fact, McCaffeine wrote it earlier:

I did number five, which was about the quote, "where other people exist genuine individuality is impossible."

I can't remember the other one.

Just wondering, why are you interested in the Prose ones? And did you finish your exams last month?

• 1 month later...