Final Exam timezones

deissi

Hi,

My Math SL teacher told us today that there exist to different sets of tests for each session of Math SL. Namely, this means that there is one test for timezone A and timezone B, so candidate's in e.g. America can't call Australian students beforehand. This was totally new information to me, so I'm curious to know is it the same for all subjects, and what the timezones are (what timezones are test A and B done in?).

Well, you might be right, I thought it sounded fishy in the beginning, but she kept on claiming there are two :P Perhaps she ment N07 and M07

*EDIT*

However, I know it's possible to do November exams here too, if you're retaking, so they're not only for the southern hemisphere.

Edited by deissi

Ok.. Basically you have two annual sessions (May and November), and within each, there are different time zones.

To quote HMSChocolate from TSR:

Time zone 1 (TZ1) covers North and South America. Time zone 2 (TZ2) covers the rest of the world. No, it does not matter which TZ past papers you practice from. They have different TZ only to prevent cheating. The questions might be different but the level of difficulty are similar/the same as much as possible. For exams with time zone (TZ0) this means that there is only one universal exam paper for that subject for that session for the whole world. This happens with Group 1, 2, 3 subjects more often.

Hope it helps! :P

Which is rather good because otherwise it wouldn't be very fair since someone from the US, Europe or Africa could call down to someone in Asia or Australia for hints about what came on the exam which is also against the rules. So, instead, two timezones paper.

Which on the bright side, also means that we all have more past papers to practise on. :P

Edited by Afterglow

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a link to past papers?

It's not legal to add copyrighted material of the IBO. This includes past papers. However, by googling you might find some online. IBO also has a few papers posted online on their site.

edit: Forester: It's possible he prolly just messed something up :) . For example, Lc has a spoiler in her sig.

Edited by deissi

Alright, so does this means that if an exam is labelled TZ0 then it's a universal paper (for the hemisphere of course).

Also, you said that usually TZ0 papers are for Group 1, 2, 3... however, the May 07 Chem HL exam is labelled as TZ0.

So was that the only 07 exam written?

• 7 years later...