CAS help needed ASAP

At my school, we have 20 hours of CAS due on Wednesday of this week. I haven't covered action (the 'A' in CAS) or ethics (#7 of learning outcomes). I haven't started anything yet. Advice please!

I've been taking ballet class (4 classes a week) since January. The CAS advisor says I can't use this for action unless I develop some kind of program that I teach to the class or something to that end. Never mind her, is there any way I could write taking ballet class up on the CAS forms to make her accept it for action?

As for the ethics, she said I could do an additional 5-hour project on just ethics. Any ideas for this that I could get done before Wednesday?

Or a 20 hour project that I could do covering both? Any help is appreciated... I've just been really busy and have honestly put CAS off to the last minute!

Edited by liv521

What do you mean by Ethics? How does this tie in with CAS. And of course you can count ballet for action, emphasise the gestures and name them btw they're are 'french' and your supervisor will be like bamboozled and you'll be like yes it is finesse and balance. About the ethics, please elaborate, as I'm willing to help.

• Like 1

Well, for ethics, she says we have to 'consider ethical implications of actions.' I guess that means doing something that is focused on ethical issues/beliefs and moral priniciples. I'm just not sure what I could spend 5 hours doing on that specifically. Thanks

What do you mean by Ethics? How does this tie in with CAS. And of course you can count ballet for action, emphasise the gestures and name them btw they're are 'french' and your supervisor will be like bamboozled and you'll be like yes it is finesse and balance. About the ethics, please elaborate, as I'm willing to help.

By the way, sorry for the kind of demanding-sounding topic title... I tend to overuse the term 'ASAP' these days... so I apologize.

I was thinking about putting out flyers/signs in my neighborhood asking everyone to do something to clean up their yard on a certain date (like next Saturday, maybe). It would take action to walk around and put up the flyers, action to clean up my yard, and would (potentially) be of ethical importance. Maybe. I say it would be ethically important because it would help allow everyone to have a clean and nicer neighborhood to live in.

Ideas? Would this work? I think I could get 20 hours in on it before Wednesday.

Edited by sweetnsimple786
Please use the Edit button to add more to a post. :)

Have you heard of Teen Court? It's not available to everyone and probably won't help you now, but it could in the future. Basically in areas where it's funded, minors who have committed misdemeanors go to Teen Court and the judge, jury, attorneys, bailiffs, etc are teenagers who have been trained to handle cases.

For ethics, how about working on a school event to get people to talk about issues that are important to them? Create an environment where people can express their views in a safe environment. This would be a lot of hours and a lot of work if you want to do it, but you can say that you're in the planning stage now and it's an ongoing project.

You could relatively easily work/volunteer for any business and consider ethical implications of that. You could advocate recycling and still have negative ethical implications because if we were super green, plenty of people would have to be fired. If you're working on technology, you encounter a similar dilemma. You have a better, more efficient system that needs less human resources. Many families lose a source of income.

Anyways, about ballet, there's a stigma in my community about gender and ballet. You can tie that in with ethics or you can bring service into this [which is what I assume your teacher wants] by just talking to any guys in your ballet class [or if you're a guy] and trying to create more exposure for people who don't see males in ballet to try to disintegrate male and female stereotypes.

I hope you can take something from that. This stuff isn't simple, so maybe you can apply it to yourself. ;)

Edit: Yeah, the clean up thing would work. Maybe the ethical thing would be stronger if the neighbors in your street mingled and you had some kind of meet-and-greet if they don't know each other that well.

Edited by sweetnsimple786

• 2 weeks later...