Subject Choices

Darren

Hey,

I am applying for the IB Diploma Programme further on this year.

Is it possible for someone to do this combination - (Curriculum/Difficulty)

HL English A1

HL Physics

HL Mathematics / or Further Studies SL

HL Economics

SL French A2

SL Psychology / or History

Thanks in advance,

Darren.

Hm Math HL and Physics HL are both more difficult courses within the IB. You might not want to do 4 higher levels if you're doing those 2. Perhaps drop English or economics? I would advise dropping English though as I've heard Econ HL/SL are not that different in terms of workload.

It is "possible" but taking math HL and physics HL is pretty difficult. Then again, you could be very intelligent, so I am not here to decide, some schools don't even allow such a combination (my school). I personally avoided both math HL, and physics HL, not because I am not math minded, I am math minded, but because my coordinater advised me not to, with the other courses I am taking.

You can't take Further SL without taking Mathematics HL, so if you wanted to take Further Maths then you would have to drop one of your humanities. Also, since your focus seems to be more on science-ey subjects (you have HLs in Maths, Physics and Econ), I'd suggest dropping English HL, as four HLs is incredibly challenging, and universities don't really give you more credit for it.

im interested in the field of hotel management, and here are my subjects that i have chosen for next year.

any suggestions for the changes of my courses is really helpful..

> A1 English HL

> A2 Arabic SL

> Math SL

> Chemistry SL

> Economics HL

> Business and management HL

thanks alot..

Hey,

I am applying for the IB Diploma Programme further on this year.

Is it possible for someone to do this combination - (Curriculum/Difficulty)

HL English A1

HL Physics

HL Mathematics / or Further Studies SL

HL Economics

SL French A2

SL Psychology / or History

Thanks in advance,

Darren.

By Further Studies do you mean Further Math? Here, it looks like you may take either of math HL or Further Math SL, but just letting you know that if you take Further Math, then you must take math HL as well. Just saying...