Favourite book?

MaryamB

Has any of you read a book and got really touched by it?

If so, what is it?

I am just curious to see what people like to read :P

I have to say one of my all time favourites is "Can you keep a secret?" by Sophie Kinsella. Although its fiction, its hilarious! :(

Any of you out there who either have a favourite book or ever been touched by one???? :)

OMG ARE WE TALKING ABOUT BOOKS!?!??!

(lol sorry, im a literature fanatic hehe)

If i have to pick my favourite book (seeing that favourite is a superlative and all), I will definitely choose....

The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera

I have no idea why so many people detest it.. we studied it in english A1 and I loved it so much!! It is so deep and philosophical

I also love Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I love her style of writing.

I guess it depends :P

In terms of "entertaining" books, I would choose Physics of the impossible by Michio Kaku.

However a book I've been "touched" by is Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha, by Roddy Doyle. I had to study this book for English, and while the rest of my class found it ridiculous or boring, I found it extremely fascinating. I think it's mainly the author's ability to write from a child's perspective so convincingly.

I agree with Bishup and Caustica on Perfume and East of Eden, they're two of my favourites too. My very favourite book, however (or at least the book which most affected me, if that's what we're using as a measure!), is The Magus by John Fowles. It's says a ridiculous amount about human nature and how our minds work and I honestly think it's an underrated work of complete genius. It asks so many (valid) questions and says so much about our assumptions -- all in an indirect way, of course. It's up to the reader what you get out of it, IMO. It will, however, give you a violent wish to go and live on a greek island :P

I have been deeply touched by more than one booked and I have a lot of favorite of books.

The ones I got really touched by:

1- My sister's keeper: I cried for DAYS about that book.

2- No Mercy: same.

3-Girls of Riyadh: AMAZING BOOK.

4- No one listen

MY favorite:

1- a) Princess b) Daughters of Arabia c)Desert Royal series of 3 books written originally by a saudi princess (King Fahd's niece)

2-DA VINCI CODE

3-No one listen

4-To Kill a Mockingbird

• 1 month later...

Hands down, The Da Vinci Code is the best book of all times, but I was also very gripped by Khaled Hosseini's 2 books which are A thousand Splendid Suns (addressed women's rights hugely) and The Kite Runner.

Khaled Hosseini has this amazing ability in integrating his passion towards his native country and his love of writing fictional storied.

• 2 weeks later...