Germany after World War II

coffee addict

I suppose choosing Germany could be viewed in two views: either very mundane or very interesting.

You could focus on Germany's upbringing; how they had to, as a country, reestablish themselves to not be viewed as antisemitism and how they reacted to the rebuilding of neighboring countries. Or you could draw back on the negativity and report the amount of damage WWII had done to the country.

• Like 1

That's really broad...Loads of things happened. But to comply more with the IB history syllabus, focus on the Cold War problems with Germany post-WWII: Berlin Airlift, Berlin Wall, division of Germany and Berlin, collapse of Comunism > fall of Berlin Wall.

That's really broad...Loads of things happened. But to comply more with the IB history syllabus, focus on the Cold War problems with Germany post-WWII: Berlin Airlift, Berlin Wall, division of Germany and Berlin, collapse of Comunism > fall of Berlin Wall.

I thought it would be broad before i start writing but now I ended up needing more facts. The structure for my essay is like: one para for political, one for economics and one for social.

HELP!!! I need more facts on economics and social....

hey guys, I have finished (well... nearly...) my essay but couldnt come up with a conclusion. I was thinking about referring to the status of Germany in the post World War II period vs. post World War I. Any advice?

Not that I did history, but it strikes me that the question doesn't ask you to compare or contrast it with anything. Generally a conclusion should simply summarise the key points and import of your essay, and when the question starts with "investigate", it seems to me you should use your conclusion just like that: to present the results of your investigating, in summary form! (: Perhaps pick out the most significant features of what you found.

If you want to put anything more in (and technically a conclusion shouldn't introduce as material anything you haven't discussed in the body of your essay), I guess you could briefly talk about 1945 versus 1995, but I don't think it's necessary. As I said, I didn't do history so don't necessarily take it from me, but it seems to me like a good old traditional summary is the way forward :blush:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

One thing you could talk about is how the split between East and West Germany affected the country or the separate components of the country. This split also has a lot to do with the Cold War since East Germany was under Russia and West Germany under the United States and the other Allied Powers. You could mention the affect of that as well. Just some thoughts, feel free to use them or disregard them. :P