Portfolio Type I -- Patterns Within Systems of Linear Equations

Sunny.P

Could you give us more information on the question please?

Either scan the question paper and attach it, or type up the question so that we have a better idea of what you're asking us, and so that we know how to help you.

im doing the same thing. The first question is examine the constants in the first equation and then in the second equatioon, and discribe any patterns you see. the equarions are:

x+2y=3 and 2x-y=-4

The second question is Solve the above system. What is the significance of the solution?

i think for the first question the pattern is that for the first equation the numbers increase by on, and in the second equation the numbers decrease by three. but im really not sure.

i hope you can help me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick question.

I am doing the same IA and I have a question about part A

second bullet where it says

Display your solution graphically. What is the significance of the solution?

SO what is the significance of the solution?

Hey I just received this coursework today. I started and did the first task I got the same trend as some one mentioned. I was wondering if there was someone out there who hasn't yet handed theirs in. It's kind of nerve wrecking, only 10 days to do it. Obviously plenty of time but still :bawling:

Quick question.

I am doing the same IA and I have a question about part A

second bullet where it says

Display your solution graphically. What is the significance of the solution?

SO what is the significance of the solution?

yeah, I don't know if I can just ignore this point. Because the significance can be seen only later when compared to similar systems. But there is no significance to the solution itself... ;)

• Like 1

I have a question about part B. I have found out that all the equations written in the form ux+ury=ur^2 are tangents of curve x=-1/4y^2. Does the task have something to do with that, because I am not sure how to set up a general 2x2 system that incorporates this pattern.

Edited by The Jackal

i am also doing the same portfolio and i wanted to ask how you guys solve 3 x 3 in part A because i am stuck there.

One method is Gauss' elimination method. I'm sure you can find it in wikipedia or anywhere else! :sadnod: