Do you think IB kills?

Harmonicgirl

I'm at University now, having finished the IB in May 07. To be honest with you, it's ridiculous how well the IB prepares you for university. If you decide to go to university, you'll be shocked at how much the IB has done for you.

At the moment, the IB was far more work than university.

So to answer you question, I don't think the IB kills. :D

Well, I also disagree with this statement. It's a lot of work, of course, but the work is worth it. All the homework and IAs do help you also in uni (from what I've heard) and in your IB finals, most IB students (in my school, at least) are well prepared for their finals already before studying separately for them, so they practically only have to revise for the finals, and they'll get good grades even if they don't!

It's tough while it lasts, but it'll make university easier.

I think we'll all be more prepared than the average student.

I know that I've picked up a lot of new skills being in IB.

Sometimes I wish I could get a good nights sleep, but it's all for the better (hopefully!)

Well I don't think that it kills.... It's still tough, especially because the IB classes are added to the German curriculum (each German university can decide whether or not accepting the IB Diploma). What is annoying is that IB students at my school are kinda like hated. They are all like "IBer=nerds" :heart:

What is annoying is that IB students at my school are kinda like hated. They are all like "IBer=nerds" ;)

Really?

That's the opposite at my school.

Well, yeah, we're seen as nerds.

But not in a negative way.

I'd say only 1/10 of us are actually stereotypical nerds.

The rest of us are just normal people who are quite intelligent and who like to be challenged intellectually.

I mean, the IBs in my school pretty much run the place.

Really?

That's the opposite at my school.

Well, yeah, we're seen as nerds.

But not in a negative way.

I'd say only 1/10 of us are actually stereotypical nerds.

The rest of us are just normal people who are quite intelligent and who like to be challenged intellectually.

I mean, the IBs in my school pretty much run the place.

Well, yeah. We are no nerds either...I guess they are just a bit jealous that they are not able to (?) make it through the program, even though they would never admit it. Most of the IB students were in the US/Canada/England to learn English. Therefore we're probably considered as strange...

• 1 month later...
Guest whatever

IB pressures students alot especially with the deadlines , andlarge cirriculums that need to be finished .

But then again .. i mean they are the last years of highschool . so why bother?

IB kills , it does .. but at the end it would benifit us especially in university !

alot of my friends say that thanx to IB , uni life is like heaven!

• 1 month later...

I don't think it kills, it just makes sure you develope some really tough skin. And of course, we learn that procrastinating only leads to regret. XD

The only thing I want now is to go to sleep. It's been three nights that I've only had a couple hours of sleep. This is coming from the person who was once named a polar bear because I was famous for "hibernating".

Well, IB does help you out in university a lot.

There are people coming into university (at least at mine) who barely know how to write an analytical essay, let alone know how to citations properly. Writing that great first essay out of the sea of mediocre papers often makes a fantastic impression on your TA.

Plus, think of all the money and time you save from your IB credits in university. First-year courses are notoriously boring and 'introductory'.

IB doesn't kill, a matter of fact I think if you just look at the work load it's actually not that diffficult. What makes IB difficult is the amount of information you have assimilated in your brain in order to pass those darn IB tests. If the workload in college is like what it is in IB then it's not very difficult.

Plus, think of all the money and time you save from your IB credits in university. First-year courses are notoriously boring and 'introductory'.

Have to compeletly agree, that's the primary reason I entered IB, not just to prepare me for college but also to give me all of those much wanted college credits. Avoiding the tedious intro classes

well it is almost impossible to apply for some unis in the UK with the national diplomma in my country.. so, yes, IB gives you a lot of help when applying for some universities..

yes, it does prepare you for further studies better..

still, if time management is not your friend, IB does kill.. since it is not my best friend, i know that i could have done much more after school activities, which i can't now