Would you be willing to spend as little as £3 for VIP access?

Graeme

Basically, I really want to be able to allow more people to have access to the notes, but in order for that to happen, I would need to spend a tiny bit more on server costs. Basically, I am asking if people would be willing to spend £3 or perhaps less in order to get VIP access (all downloads, etc).

This would be a onetime payment that would allow you to be VIP forever.

What do you think?

Personally I wouldn't mind at all. I know this site is up for the benefit of others and the money isn't going into your own pockets.

The problem is I'm 16 and to get money to you would mean I'd have to go through my parents who are really cautious on money over the internet. Maybe if I was more independent I would definitely pay it.

What about the people who already have VIP?

We will keep the "earn VIP through contribution" etc, so don't worry :) . Nothing will change for you.

It's mainly for people who don't want to spend ages posting and stuff.

As for alternatives, click on the ads once in a while if you can be bothered :D .

Lol I'll click on the ads =D

As for money goes, I agree VIPing for donations is a good idea because donations still count as a "contribution".. just not in assingment form. The reason we are asking for contributions before VIPing people is so that we make sure that people will give and not just take. It also keeps the site running becuase we'll have more and more resources. Paying would also keep the site running becuase, well, you need to pay for hosting =P

Edited by cixelsyD

Well, tbh, even though I've agreed to donate, I don't think a VIP that costs is a good idea, since for most kids it is really hard to transfer the money (even if it were PayPal or MoneyBookers), since they need their parents credit cards. I think that donations are the best idea, and if they're not enough, then text-ads.

EDIT: (sorry didn't read too well)

I think that gaining VIP access could be made faster with money, but some sort of limit should still be imposed, namely because IBO might buy VIP privileges otherwise..

Edited by deissi

The thing is, we're all young adults here, and most of us don't really have the means of making money.

I know that I wouldn't be able to pay that cost and I don't really trust online money transfers.

I think the system you have going on now is fine in itself!

It really gets people to contribute rather than mooch off other people's hard work.

Well, it seems that the ads are making a small amount of money.. However, need to find a way to encourage people to click on them for the moment so that we can pay for the initial costs.. Once I cover the costs of the forum, then I can most probably remove the ads all together. If you think the site is helpful in any way, please just click the ads, it helps me a lot. :P

I've also added google search to the search function of the site. If you search the site using google, you can help us earn revenue. And you get to find what you need :heart: .

• 3 weeks later...
Are there any "complete this survey" things that you can implement? I'm pretty sure that some people are willing to complete 5 surveys, and refer a friend, or whatever the ipod giveaways use. :)

Don't know much about these things. If you come accross any thing that you think could be useful, feel free to PM me. <_<

This paying really depends. Because the thing is right now I would pay if (1) I had some money (I'm reallllly broke right now till christmas) and (2) I could actually pay online (can't since I don't have a credit card or visa).

But then if I was brand-new I wouldn't know. The reason for this is because you don't really know what to expect then. Yes, it is a small amount and yes, you know there will be lots of notes and past papers but you don't know the quality of it yet since you haven't had a chance to look at it.

So its hard.

Guest tbittner

I'm really curious about the comment that "because IBO might buy VIP privileges.." Are we doing anything we shouldn't be, as far as IBO is concerned? My school is pretty conscious about honesty. They give us lectures about that stuff.

Well, tbh, even though I've agreed to donate, I don't think a VIP that costs is a good idea, since for most kids it is really hard to transfer the money (even if it were PayPal or MoneyBookers), since they need their parents credit cards. I think that donations are the best idea, and if they're not enough, then text-ads.

EDIT: (sorry didn't read too well)

I think that gaining VIP access could be made faster with money, but some sort of limit should still be imposed, namely because IBO might buy VIP privileges otherwise..

I'm really curious about the comment that "because IBO might buy VIP privileges.." Are we doing anything we shouldn't be, as far as IBO is concerned? My school is pretty conscious about honesty. They give us lectures about that stuff.

We have had various IBO visitors to the site, and I have been in e-mail contact with someone from Cardiff myself. As far as illegalities are concerned, the only problem was that we used their new logo on the site, but I have removed it and that issue has been solved. Apart from that, there really are no problems here. I'm not sure why IBO buying VIP is a problem, but I can assure you that visiting and being a member of this site will have no negative effects. We are here to help, and to provide a place to get help. And also a place for random nonsense that you need when the IBO drives you insane!

Anyway, I will close this topic to prevent any further confusion or issues. I may be changing some of the systems on the site for the new year, but only time will tell XD .