Remarking IB Papers

emjay

Hey you guys,

so i got my results yesterday, and i was absoutely gobsmacked.. because i did revise long and hard for them but they came out really rubbish. i'm not going to post what i got on here, because it was really REALLY bad. i did not get my firm or conditional offer for pharmacy, (through UCAS) as i was 5 points off my entry requirements. do you think the university may still accept me? or do you reckon i get some of my papers remarked?

because apparently when you get your papers remarked, they could be brought down aswell as up, but i doubt my papers could get any lower to be honest.

what do you think?

I think perhaps you should wait until you get your breakdown? Then you can see if you were close to any grade boundaries. If you were, it's worth trying. If not it's like £53 for a remark!! You can always see if your unis would take you, but courses are really oversubscribed this year :/

I'd wait until breakdown and then ring them. If you're close to boundaries in subjects and you lost your 5 points evenly across a load of subjects Unis might look on it more favourably.

We've been told it's £53 for a remark and it can go up or down. If I were you I'd wait until the breakdowns become available to see how close to boundaries you were :P That way you'll know if it's worthwhile or not as it's a lot of money. It's also possible your uni will let you slip one grade there, especially if you went up a grade elsewhere...?

Hope it works out for you, anyway.

Definitely wait until your component grades come out, that way you can see how you did on each individual paper and your IA. The remark is definitely worth it, provided you were somewhat close to the grade boundary. Also, remember that when they remark your exam, they only remark your external papers, not your IA.

And as far as remarks of sciences go, I only know of two people who asked for remarks in the sciences in my class, both for biology. One, I don't know how many points away from the boundary, did not get a grade change, and my girlfriend, who was 2 points away from a 7, did get her grade changed. So it is possible to get grade changes in the sciences, but you have to make sure you're close to the boundary.

thanks for your replies. much appreciated

i'd wait for the break down, hopefully it'ld be like 1 mark off a level 5 and my grades may go up slightly, because i deserve good grades. i revised loads.

but you know when science papers are marked, is it likely to change though, because surely there is only one right answer for most biology questions

thank you

I feel like a record on loop.

Breakdowns come out on the 19th of July and they are available exclusively to your IBC therefore you will need to get it from them.

I thought that too, but my IBC has stated and restated that we will be able to get our mark breakdowns by July 13th - next Monday. :D

That's gay. I was happy they gave us PIN codes and whatnot. I thought those were enough to give us the details and everything. Oh well I'll have to pass by school once more then. You sure I have to get them personally from my IBC? Can't get them online or so?

Oh and emjay, your marks can't be brought down if you asked them to be remarked. Read article 19.2 in the following document: (General Regulations)

http://www.aisuae.com/ib/information/file61.pdf

Edited by Anonymouser

That's gay. I was happy they gave us PIN codes and whatnot. I thought those were enough to give us the details and everything. Oh well I'll have to pass by school once more then. You sure I have to get them personally from my IBC? Can't get them online or so?

Oh and emjay, your marks can't be brought down if you asked them to be remarked. Read article 19.2 in the following document: (General Regulations)

http://www.aisuae.com/ib/information/file61.pdf

Now this, I know XD The rules were changed this year. From M09 onwards, points can fluctuate up or down post remarking.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

Does anyone know the grade boundaries for the MAY 2009 Exams?? Especially curious to know the grade boundaries for French Ab Initio. Thinking of sending my French Ab Initio paper back for remarking.

Furthermore, does anyone know of the procedure for remarking? When is the deadline for submitting, how much does it cost, when will the results of the remarking be out??

Please let me know as soon as possible!!

• 2 weeks later...