A1 Orals

Aboud

The criterias for A1 are general for all languages.

Are you talking about the A1 Individual Oral Commentary or A1 Individual Oral Presentation?

They are both 15% worth but the commentary is an oral commentary you do in front of your teacher on an unseen text from a couple of works you have done (can't remember which part). The presentation is a presentation you yourself do on a topic of your own choice from other works you have read (again, can't remember which)

Hopefully you'll do great..

Afterglow said it all, but I just wanted to add this: the individual oral commentary (the one taped and sent out) is done on the group 2 works. However, the group oral commentary (the 'presentation') is done on the group 4 works. In the latter, you are given one of the passages and asked to comment on it orally, without knowing which one it is from the group 2 material, whereas in the former, you choose 1,2, or 3 works and comment on them within 15 minutes time.

Hopefully you'll do great..

Afterglow said it all, but I just wanted to add this: the individual oral commentary (the one taped and sent out) is done on the group 2 works. However, the group oral commentary (the 'presentation') is done on the group 4 works. In the latter, you are given one of the passages and asked to comment on it orally, without knowing which one it is from the group 2 material, whereas in the former, you choose 1,2, or 3 works and comment on them within 15 minutes time.

does the group oral commentary HAVE TO be on the group 4 works?? cuz am thinkin of makin a comparison between group 3 and group 2, i dunno my teacher told me i can use books from any part.... he sounds so confident.. i dont want to be rude and question him !

I agree with BIO-AQUA on the group 4 thing, because why would you studyied group 4 then, also with the oral presentation in my school we choose a question which we discuss in the oral on 1 or 2 or 3 of the books. And with the oral commentary I wouldn't call the passage unseen, I had analysed and written stuff on the passage I got for the IOC in my preparation. So strictly speaking I had looked at the passage for a couple of hours before I went into the IOC, I just did know that I was going to get that one. Btw the passage I got was one of my favourite pieces of poetry.

does the group oral commentary HAVE TO be on the group 4 works?? cuz am thinkin of makin a comparison between group 3 and group 2, i dunno my teacher told me i can use books from any part.... he sounds so confident.. i dont want to be rude and question him !

Sorry, where on EARTH did your teacher get this information from? Get out a syllabus and flash it in his face!! :P

IOC is from group 2 works.

IOP is from group 4 ONLY.

Group 3 is for exam

Group 1 is for WL.

Simple!! :wub:

Sorry, where on EARTH did your teacher get this information from? Get out a syllabus and flash it in his face!! :P

IOC is from group 2 works.

IOP is from group 4 ONLY.

Group 3 is for exam

Group 1 is for WL.

Simple!! :P

thats what am gonna do !! am gonna show him the syllabus hoping that he wont hate me and screw up my predicted grade..... (i need it this month !!) anyway this question is to bio-aqua and whoever knows about language A1, in this oral presentation does the two pieces of work or poems (in part 4) have to have smthing in common ? i mean like in world lit or what ? cuz i cnt find anythin in common !! ( to bio-aqua am comparing between al-motanaby and abu-el qasm al shabi i think u know them......)

Yeah I did mine on 2 poems by the one poet, And my topic was the "Use of animal imagery in the 2 poems." No one at my school did more that one book, and I would definitely advise against doing that if you don't have a connection because your oral will be really disjointed and you will get marked down a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

our practice one is in dec. i'm extremely terrified. we have to randomly pick a poem from a stack of poems that we've reviewed over the course of our junior year, and have like 15 minutes prep time, before the real experience, it scares the living day lights out of me. i feel so ill-prepared.

anyway this question is to bio-aqua and whoever knows about language A1, in this oral presentation does the two pieces of work or poems (in part 4) have to have smthing in common ? i mean like in world lit or what ? cuz i cnt find anythin in common !! ( to bio-aqua am comparing between al-motanaby and abu-el qasm al shabi i think u know them......)

Oh, I just noticed this right there! Yes, if you are going to do an oral presentation on more than one wrok,. then focus on the overlapping parts.

Al motanaby and abu al kasem have a lot in common.. Search for imagery in their poems, maybe in the language they use?

(Arabic: altajruba alshi3riyya, alalfaz, aluslub almustakhdam, wa yumken al suwar alfaniyya..) What are your poems by the way?

• 3 weeks later...
Oh, I just noticed this right there! Yes, if you are going to do an oral presentation on more than one wrok,. then focus on the overlapping parts.

Al motanaby and abu al kasem have a lot in common.. Search for imagery in their poems, maybe in the language they use?

(Arabic: altajruba alshi3riyya, alalfaz, aluslub almustakhdam, wa yumken al suwar alfaniyya..) What are your poems by the way?

ya and i just noticed this... anyway i am done with my oral... my area of overlap was the (7ekmah) between (abu al kasem) and (al motanaby), the two poems are "3ala qadr ahel al 3azm" which is very famous for motanabi and "eradat el 7aya" for abu al kasem.

ya and i just noticed this... anyway i am done with my oral... my area of overlap was the (7ekmah) between (abu al kasem) and (al motanaby), the two poems are "3ala qadr ahel al 3azm" which is very famous for motanabi and "eradat el 7aya" for abu al kasem.

I adore those two poems :heart: .. Especially the hikmah part. I hope it turned well for you. If it was the case for us, I would have probably chosen the same thing, except we're doing novels in group 4 instead of poems. :P

I adore those two poems :D .. Especially the hikmah part. I hope it turned well for you. If it was the case for us, I would have probably chosen the same thing, except we're doing novels in group 4 instead of poems. :D

well, ya we had two poems for part 4 motanaby and abul kasem, and one play which is "bustan al karaz" for anton checkov if u know it... what were your books..

well, ya we had two poems for part 4 motanaby and abul kasem, and one play which is "bustan al karaz" for anton checkov if u know it... what were your books..

We had bustan al karaz for group1, along with the Albatta al Bariyya for Ebsin and 'Ors Aldam for Lorca. Did my World Lit on the last two. As for group 4, we had Khan alKhalili for Najeeb Mahfuz, Nida' Al Majhul for Mahmoud Taymoor and AlShaikh walbahr for Ernest Hemingway. We only have the poems for group 2.

• 2 weeks later...

we have some books in common but in different groups, in group one we albatta albariya which i hated ! i dunno how u wrote ur world lit on it !, and antigone the play and jane eyre for charlotte bronte, i did my world lit on the last two.

for group 2 we have kan ma kan for mekhaal na3eme and ahel alkahf for tawfeq hakeem. group 3 we have du3a2 alkarwan for taha hussen which i hated too ! and alles wal kelab for najeeb mahfooz and AlShaikh welbahar for Ernest Hemingway. du3a2 alkarwan is the dullest book ive ever read in my life !