A1 Orals

Aboud

we have some books in common but in different groups, in group one we albatta albariya which i hated ! i dunno how u wrote ur world lit on it !, and antigone the play and jane eyre for charlotte bronte, i did my world lit on the last two.

for group 2 we have kan ma kan for mekhaal na3eme and ahel alkahf for tawfeq hakeem. group 3 we have du3a2 alkarwan for taha hussen which i hated too ! and alles wal kelab for najeeb mahfooz and AlShaikh welbahar for Ernest Hemingway. du3a2 alkarwan is the dullest book ive ever read in my life !

We have Al-Lis wal Kilab, Du'aa Alkarawan and Jane Eyre in Group 3.. Kind of scrambled when it comes to your school arrangement. :D Anyways, I really liked Albatta Albariyya.. Kind of nice with the sense of tragedy; that's my favorite genre. And Du'aa Alakrawan, I loved it. I think it's a masterpiece, but then again, it's just me! :rolleyes::P

We have Al-Lis wal Kilab, Du'aa Alkarawan and Jane Eyre in Group 3.. Kind of scrambled when it comes to your school arrangement. :D Anyways, I really liked Albatta Albariyya.. Kind of nice with the sense of tragedy; that's my favorite genre. And Du'aa Alakrawan, I loved it. I think it's a masterpiece, but then again, it's just me! >.<:P

ur rite in that one... were still new in IB.. and this is my 2nd arab A1 teacher, actually i kinda feel am doin it as "self-study" cuz i end up doin all work at home lol but my teacher told me we r doin exactly like baccaureate school.. he knows the teacher there so i dnt know. anyways what i really like is kan ma kan and alles wel kelab. as for du3a2 alkarwan for every 5 pages there is a new event... lol

• 3 months later...
Yeah I did mine on 2 poems by the one poet, And my topic was the "Use of animal imagery in the 2 poems." No one at my school did more that one book, and I would definitely advise against doing that if you don't have a connection because your oral will be really disjointed and you will get marked down a lot.

How do the IOPs get moderated? I dont think the teachers send anything to IB...

How do the IOPs get moderated? I dont think the teachers send anything to IB...

No, they don't, what happens is your teacher writes down your mark on a form along with some comments on your IOP and that's about it. What my teacher did just to be safe was he made our IOC worth 30% because the IOCs are what the examiners are actually going to hear, and it wouldn't be good if someone got a 7 on their IOP but a 4 on their IOC..very suspicious and they might mark our whole class down.