Need Guidance for History IA Topic

tewtadle

Hey guys, I was recently brainstorming ideas for a history IA quetion/topic and came up with this: "To what extent was the German Campaign of 1813 a catalyst for German unification?"

I was wondering if this is a good topic, if it is too vague or broad, etc. Or if you guys think it might be hard to write about or approach. I Have only done a broad collection of sources so far so it would be quite helpful to have your opinions before I start most of the actual work on my IA. If you guys have any sources about this topic or anything else that is useful that would obviously also be greatly appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 3:44 PM, tewtadle said:

Hey guys, I was recently brainstorming ideas for a history IA quetion/topic and came up with this: "To what extent was the German Campaign of 1813 a catalyst for German unification?"

I was wondering if this is a good topic, if it is too vague or broad, etc. Or if you guys think it might be hard to write about or approach. I Have only done a broad collection of sources so far so it would be quite helpful to have your opinions before I start most of the actual work on my IA. If you guys have any sources about this topic or anything else that is useful that would obviously also be greatly appreciated. 

I want to start stating that it's only my personal ideas as I also had working on History IA, so take it as a suggestion only ;)

Your topic, "To what extent was the German Campaign of 1813 a catalyst for German unification?" is a good one for a history IA. It is specific enough to focus your research and analysis, but also broad enough to allow you to explore a variety of factors that may have contributed to the unification of Germany.

It is important to keep in mind that the German Campaign of 1813 was just one of many events and factors that contributed to the unification of Germany. Other key events and factors to consider might include the Congress of Vienna, the revolutions of 1848, and the role of key figures such as Otto von Bismarck.

In order to write a strong IA on this topic, you will need to carefully consider the sources you use and how you use them. You should aim to use a range of primary and secondary sources, including both academic sources (such as books and articles) and contemporary sources (such as newspapers and letters). You should also be sure to carefully evaluate the credibility and reliability of your sources, and to consider any potential biases or perspectives they may have.

As you conduct your research, you may also want to consider the following questions:

• What were the key events and factors that led to the unification of Germany?
  • How did the German Campaign of 1813 contribute to this process?
  • What role did key figures such as Otto von Bismarck play in the unification of Germany?
  • How did external factors, such as the Congress of Vienna and the revolutions of 1848, affect the process of unification?

I hope these suggestions are helpful as you begin your research and writing! And good luck with your writing gig ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 3:49 PM, AnnaHoffman said:

I want to start stating that it's only my personal ideas as I also had working on History IA, so take it as a suggestion only ;)

Your topic, "To what extent was the German Campaign of 1813 a catalyst for German unification?" is a good one for a history IA. It is specific enough to focus your research and analysis, but also broad enough to allow you to explore a variety of factors that may have contributed to the unification of Germany.

It is important to keep in mind that the German Campaign of 1813 was just one of many events and factors that contributed to the unification of Germany. Other key events and factors to consider might include the Congress of Vienna, the revolutions of 1848, and the role of key figures such as Otto von Bismarck.

In order to write a strong IA on this topic, you will need to carefully consider the sources you use and how you use them. You should aim to use a range of primary and secondary sources, including both academic sources (such as books and articles) and contemporary sources (such as newspapers and letters). You should also be sure to carefully evaluate the credibility and reliability of your sources, and to consider any potential biases or perspectives they may have.

As you conduct your research, you may also want to consider the following questions:

• What were the key events and factors that led to the unification of Germany?
  • How did the German Campaign of 1813 contribute to this process?
  • What role did key figures such as Otto von Bismarck play in the unification of Germany?
  • How did external factors, such as the Congress of Vienna and the revolutions of 1848, affect the process of unification?

I hope these suggestions are helpful as you begin your research and writing! And good luck with your writing gig ;)

Thank you for the feedback, I'll definitely take into account your advice!

• 3 weeks later...