Maths Studies Stat critical value q

Lozza_55

For the maths studies stat assignment , when using the Chi-squared test, i understand it is better and more accurate to use a 5 % than a 10% , when looking up the critical values... (?) BUT can we use 10% if our value is JUST off the 5 % range, and talked about in the validity etc section or not?

Ok hope that made sense:)

I'm not sure, for social sciences (like in psychological studies) they almost always use 5%. You want to use 10% because otherwise your hypothesis will be wrong and proven false? That's what happened in my math project, all of my 3 hypotheses were false and I still got 20 out of 20 for it.

I don't think it makes sense to use the 10%, because the whole point of the 5% is that you are more accurate and if you do use the 10%, the conclusion will be false. Maybe there really isn't a relationship between the two variables. You might end up losing marks on your investigation if you use the 10%, as your teacher and examiner will think you didn't know to use the right one. And even if you do explain why you did so, results shouldn't be changed around to fit the hypothesis.