I'm going in grade 8 this September and I think the Ib exam is in November. I am really stressing out how do I prepare for the IB entrance exam?

I'm starting at my new school Herbert Carnegie next year and I'm going to the high school Alexander Mackenzie. How do I prepare for the pre ib exam? What did you guys use? What kind of questions are there in the math, english and french part? Do you have any websites or subjects I should particularly use to study. On my grade 7 report card I got all E's. My lowest grade in term 2 was 80 and the highest was 98 and in term 1 the lowest grade was 78 and the highest was 97. Can somebody please help me?

On 8/3/2022 at 11:46 AM, Bhavya17 said:

I'm starting at my new school Herbert Carnegie next year and I'm going to the high school Alexander Mackenzie. How do I prepare for the pre ib exam? What did you guys use? What kind of questions are there in the math, english and french part? Do you have any websites or subjects I should particularly use to study. On my grade 7 report card I got all E's. My lowest grade in term 2 was 80 and the highest was 98 and in term 1 the lowest grade was 78 and the highest was 97. Can somebody please help me?

Hey! I am trying to apply to Merivale HS in Ottawa and we have relatively the same grades. For math you should practice the grade 9 pascal on the CEMC website and the PSAT. I don't know how different the tests are going to be for us, but one of my friends got accepted and he said there was no French. The PSAT also helps with english as well.

Edited by imtryingtogetintoib
new information.
On 8/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, b4w3ja said:

Hey! I am trying to apply to Merivale HS in Ottawa and we have relatively the same grades. For math you should practice the grade 9 pascal on the CEMC website and the PSAT. I don't know how different the tests are going to be for us, but one of my friends got accepted and he said there was no French. The PSAT also helps with english as well.

Do you know what kind of math questions there are going to be? Like should I know trigonometry, or slopes?

On 8/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, imtryingtogetintoib said:

Hey! I am trying to apply to Merivale HS in Ottawa and we have relatively the same grades. For math you should practice the grade 9 pascal on the CEMC website and the PSAT. I don't know how different the tests are going to be for us, but one of my friends got accepted and he said there was no French. However, for the english, I am confused myself; I do not know what to study for that part. So if any of us get any information can you please reply back here. Thanks!

i created a thread and a guy who has taken the exam has replied recently so you should ask him there