Can we write the TOK essay at home?

momo521

I was just wondering, do your ToK teachers freak out about the paper we write? Like...our teacher says "this is an examination so you have to write the whole thing at school and cant take anything home."

Is it like that for you guys or are you allowed to write it at home and turn it in on a final due date?

I think its stupid to make us write the paper in the computer lab at school and not be able to save to flash drives. I don't think it will make that bi of a difference whether or not we write it at home or school.

That's VERY bizarre. I agree with Irene on the basis that the Theory of Knowledge essays should be treated similarly to World Lit, in that they're assignments that should be done on your own time. Being forced to complete the entire essay solely in class seems a bit...off to me.

Does your teacher have any logical reason for that rule?

• 2 weeks later...

There are no rules saying that the essay should be written in school. However, I don't think that IBO policy denies schools from doing this either. To be honest, it still is at least close to the most ridiculous thing about IB that I've ever heard.

• 4 weeks later...

hey! i am new and i kinda new some help on writting a tok essay my topic is: "We see and understand things not as they are but as we are." discuss this claim in relation to at least two ways of knowing. how do i relate this to language or another aok