HOW TO PASS HL MATHS

_emmma_

Vale. Lo siento, mi español no es bueno porque estudio español. 

Estoy estudiando HL aplicaciones e interpretaciones, pero conozco un poco sobre tu clase. 

HL matematicas es muy difícil para todos, entonces usted necesita saber que no está solo. Tambien, tu profesor es un parte muy importante para el éxito. Necesitas usar tu profesor y preguntar todos tus preguntas.

El parte más importante es: necesitas usar tiempo cada dia para matematicas. Por ejemplo, cada día, despues de escuela, usas uno-dos horas para matematicas. Es muy útil.

¡Todo esto te ayudará mucho! Normalmente escribiría más, pero mi español no es muy bueno. 😂

• Like 1

¡Hola! 

No soy nativo en español y tomo español ab initio en IB. Pero puedo ayudarte y darte algunos consejos: 

1. Mira videos o presentaciones de Youtube y toma notas sobre nuevos temas

2. Practique las preguntas de los libros de texto de Oxford

3. Practica trabajos anteriores

4. Anotar el folleto de datos

Tomo el mismo tema que tú y me encanta. Si quieres que te enseñe, ¡estaría muy feliz de hacerlo!

(Sorry if my Spanish is bad as I've taken Spanish ab initio SL and I'm still yet to learn a lot in the subject. Just in case I've conveyed something I do not mean while writing in Spanish ;), I'll list the tips down below (in detail) in English too [BEWARE: a lot of words ahead so do let me know if there's anything you'd like to clarify or know more about as you read]:

1. When you're taught a new topic in school, ensure to spend at least one hour to revise the concept. If you're having difficulties in understanding the topic, spend around 30 minutes watching any youtube video (Revision Village IB Math is good. This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDkTjslsNVOLlJL7uCQJP2w). If you prefer reading, you can find presentations on the internet that focuses on the topic you require and take notes. Repeat this process whenever you're taught a new concept. It's probably best not to leave any doubts till the end! :)

2. Practice questions from the "Oxford IB Diploma Programme Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches" book. Believe me, spending any amount of money to purchase this book is truly worth it! If you're unsure on how to answer a question, you can read through the several examples in the textbook to assist you or ask me (I'd love to help you in understanding a certain concept or answering any question you're facing difficulty in). Also, I would recommend you to practice questions from this book every alternate days of the week (or everyday would be best just to get familiar with the type of questions - don't spend more than 30 minutes in doing so because doing step 3 is crucial as well) 

3. Past papers: I cannot emphasise enough how important this is - Once you've done steps 1 and 2, you must do this to apply everything you've learnt since this is what you will be tested on in the end. Ensure to spend at least 30 minutes everyday (or alternate days) on doing topic-wise past papers based on what you've been taught in school. Once you're nearly done learning all the topics, start practicing full paper 1 and paper 2 questions under timed conditions. Understand the reason behind why you've got an answer wrong when you look at the mark schemes as well. 

4. Spend time annotating the data booklet and ensure you know exactly what everything means: this can be especially helpful in the few weeks prior to your final exams in 2022 

p.s I take Analysis and Approaches HL and I just love everything about it! I'm currently nearing the end of the IB programme (year 12). I'd be more than happy to tutor you and if you'd like, we can discuss more about it on chat. I have plenty of resources to practice from and considering the fact that my batch [M21] will be the first to try the new change in syllabus, I can provide you with all the information you require on the style of paper [paper 1, 2 and 3] and type of questions asked. I've posted the link to that discussion below for your reference: 

And always remember,

"If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you" :)

Looking forward to hear from you!

Edited by VB1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, VB1 said:

¡Hola! 

No soy nativo en español y tomo español ab initio en IB. Pero puedo ayudarte y darte algunos consejos: 

1. Mira videos o presentaciones de Youtube y toma notas sobre nuevos temas

2. Practique las preguntas de los libros de texto de Oxford

3. Practica trabajos anteriores

4. Anotar el folleto de datos

Tomo el mismo tema que tú y me encanta. Si quieres que te enseñe, ¡estaría muy feliz de hacerlo!

(Sorry if my Spanish is bad as I've taken Spanish ab initio SL and I'm still yet to learn a lot in the subject. Just in case I've conveyed something I do not mean while writing in Spanish ;), I'll list the tips down below (in detail) in English too [BEWARE: a lot of words ahead so do let me know if there's anything you'd like to clarify or know more about as you read]:

1. When you're taught a new topic in school, ensure to spend at least one hour to revise the concept. If you're having difficulties in understanding the topic, spend around 30 minutes watching any youtube video (Revision Village IB Math is good. This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDkTjslsNVOLlJL7uCQJP2w). If you prefer reading, you can find presentations on the internet that focuses on the topic you require and take notes. Repeat this process whenever you're taught a new concept. It's probably best not to leave any doubts till the end! :)

2. Practice questions from the "Oxford IB Diploma Programme Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches" book. Believe me, spending any amount of money to purchase this book is truly worth it! If you're unsure on how to answer a question, you can read through the several examples in the textbook to assist you or ask me (I'd love to help you in understanding a certain concept or answering any question you're facing difficulty in). Also, I would recommend you to practice questions from this book every alternate days of the week (or everyday would be best just to get familiar with the type of questions - don't spend more than 30 minutes in doing so because doing step 3 is crucial as well) 

3. Past papers: I cannot emphasise enough how important this is - Once you've done steps 1 and 2, you must do this to apply everything you've learnt since this is what you will be tested on in the end. Ensure to spend at least 30 minutes everyday (or alternate days) on doing topic-wise past papers based on what you've been taught in school. Once you're nearly done learning all the topics, start practicing full paper 1 and paper 2 questions under timed conditions. Understand the reason behind why you've got an answer wrong when you look at the mark schemes as well. 

4. Spend time annotating the data booklet and ensure you know exactly what everything means: this can be especially helpful in the few weeks prior to your final exams in 2022 

p.s I take Analysis and Approaches HL and I just love everything about it! I'm currently nearing the end of the IB programme (year 12). I'd be more than happy to tutor you and if you'd like, we can discuss more about it on chat. I have plenty of resources to practice from and considering the fact that my batch [M21] will be the first to try the new change in syllabus, I can provide you with all the information you require on the style of paper [paper 1, 2 and 3] and type of questions asked. I've posted the link to that discussion below for your reference: 

And always remember,

"If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you" :)

Looking forward to hear from you!

Muchísimas gracias, todo lo que me has dicho me ha ayudado un montón.

I'm very grateful with your answer, everything you've said is very helpfull.