IB interview

cristo

HI everyone!
My school is starting to offer the IB diploma program from the year of 09/10
and I find it an extremely fascinating program,
but the problem is,
only a fraction of us will be able to study it so a few IB teachers are coming to interview us.

How can I prepare for the interview and maximize my chance of studying it????

If you say that you are hardworking/very committed to achieving your goals, give specific examples such as "Last year, I was determined to raise my GPA from 3.2 up to 3.4, and I succeeded in doing so by staying after school 3 times a week for extra classes with my teacher". Or "I joined the school track team to raise my fitness level, and at the end of the year I was able to run 5km. I show the same attitude in my schoolwork, which is why I think I should be chosen to do the IB."

Nothing is more cliched than someone saying "I'm hard-working and motivated", and then not being able to prove it.

I'm assuming you already have very good grades, or else you wouldn't be considered for the IB program there at all. The IB also looks to develop "well-rounded" students. If you've done community work, like helping tutor children or helped in an old people's home, mention that. You need to do 150 hours of community service for IB, so the interviewers will want to know that you're capable of doing things other than school work.

Show them your enthusiasm. Read up on some IB subjects and have an idea of what subjects you would choose to study if they do pick you. Be ready to say why the IB would be better for you than the normal school system there, and how it's going to help you in life (e.g. you want to go to the US/UK for university, and think that the IB would help you to do that better).