Math HL

BIO-AQUA

Guest tbittner
It's a bit scary having a math HL teacher who is the principal moderator for all of North America's math exams.

*gulp*

I think that it is an advantage. Your teacher knows what it *really* expected, and so can probably do a better job than most in preparing you for the exam.

• 1 month later...
I am trying to improve my math Hl grade. My teacher does not give us much to practise and we are using only the Haese & Harris book. I'm in yr 1. Any advice where to find more practice other than past papers?

Are there any Year 2 HL people in your school you could go to? Try asking them if you could look at their textbooks (if they're comprehensive ones similar to H&H, you could try doing a few of those practice questions) or their past tests/past practice questions. You might want to try subtly asking (be nice!) your teacher for more practice, e.g. "Mr./Ms. X, I was just wondering about the IB exam. Are they similar to the questions we have been doing on our tests?"

If all you'd like is extra practice and don't really care about the "IBO's wording" part, there might be problem sets, 'mock tests', past papers or guidebooks for A Levels/AP Calculus/other Math courses (depending on your country's education system) that have topics which "overlap" with HL. You might want to try those.

Edited by Agneisse

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any Year 2 HL people in your school you could go to? Try asking them if you could look at their textbooks (if they're comprehensive ones similar to H&H, you could try doing a few of those practice questions) or their past tests/past practice questions. You might want to try subtly asking (be nice!) your teacher for more practice, e.g. "Mr./Ms. X, I was just wondering about the IB exam. Are they similar to the questions we have been doing on our tests?"

If all you'd like is extra practice and don't really care about the "IBO's wording" part, there might be problem sets, 'mock tests', past papers or guidebooks for A Levels/AP Calculus/other Math courses (depending on your country's education system) that have topics which "overlap" with HL. You might want to try those.

Thanks Agneisse for your kind advice. I did try asking my friends in Yr 2 for help but they are very busy with their own stuff and with college applications. Luckily in my school we have 2 classes of math hl with 2 different teachers. Now I share my worksheets and test papers with my friends from the other classes. I have started doing some old mock tests and past papers.

• 11 months later...
Helo guys my name i s Aki( nickname of course) from Malaysia doing Ib SEM2 I have a question...

Does anyone know where can I find notes about binomial theorem and its subtopic notes such as pascal triangle, independent term and ect

pls help me out here ^^

What about your textbook? :) If that doesn't work, try google?