Online CAS?

Eternalx

• 4 weeks later...

My school does that too. We have a website to go to, called CAS Manager, and we fill all the details online. Makes it so much easier, because you don't have to chase people to get their signature, you just write down their email and cellphone and it's doneee. Plus, you can't lose your forms. And you know exactly how many hours you have.

• 2 weeks later...

We have this 2 on out school here in Denmark, you sign up then write what you did for how many hours etc. a short summary and a person who can proov that you did it and then you upload it the CAS-teacher will check it and then you can see how much CAS you have etc...

Pretty nice system

mm an online cas diary? that would be interesting.

it's probably just to make it easier for your cas supervisor to check up on your progress, that and probably in the long run it would be more convenient for your (somehow xP)

with my school we're allowed to use whatever we want, whether it may be in the form of a blog, diary, book, calendar, word doc or in my case, an excel spreadsheet.

*shrugs, maybe its a new thing for new candidates.

mm an online cas diary? that would be interesting.

it's probably just to make it easier for your cas supervisor to check up on your progress, that and probably in the long run it would be more convenient for your (somehow xP)

with my school we're allowed to use whatever we want, whether it may be in the form of a blog, diary, book, calendar, word doc or in my case, an excel spreadsheet.

*shrugs, maybe its a new thing for new candidates.

Wow that is very interesting, so you're allowed anything? cool. What school do you go to?

What school do you go to?

i go to a school called John Paul College, its in brisbane, aust. (well, technically it's in logan but its still in the brisbane region)

the schools new to IB and my year is the first one to ever go through, hope we set a good example for the other ones who are just coming through ^^;

but i guess my CAS coordinator is kind of regretting it, he's forever having to chase us up for our forms and progress :unsure:

i go to a school called John Paul College, its in brisbane, aust. (well, technically it's in logan but its still in the brisbane region)

the schools new to IB and my year is the first one to ever go through, hope we set a good example for the other ones who are just coming through ^^;

but i guess my CAS coordinator is kind of regretting it, he's forever having to chase us up for our forms and progress :unsure:

Why don't you go to an IB school? Like queensland academies?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wow that is a new thing our school has CAS diaries but we have to complete it

by hand where we have reflection sheets and CAS AEFs

its a complicated thing as we have to write reflections for each creativity, action or service activity

we have done and its a looooooooong process.

ours is due tom and i have to cram it :)

• 1 month later...

Our school recently started to use CAS manager. I (one of the few) hate this new system because of the long journals that we have to maintain on a regular basis and also that fact that we have to provide multiple types of evidence. It is truly a pain that they just made CAS even harder than already was. I like the old system better with simple log entries.

but i guess my CAS coordinator is kind of regretting it, he's forever having to chase us up for our forms and progress :P

Why don't you go to an IB school? Like queensland academies?

Haha I go to the science queensland academies, and I don't mind the online CAS we're using now.. it's a bit hard to use at first, but it's pretty good.