Israel vs Palestine

Abu

I think the best way forward is to either relocate the Palestinians (I say relocate as in adapting to life there and granted citizenship) or the Arab countries should realise that their treatment of Palestinian refugees is immoral and give them citizenship.

Surely this is an extremely Isreal-centric point of view, though? Surely the best way forward would be to return the land that used to belong to them back to the Palestinians. It certainly seems the fairest to me. I don't see why the Palestinians must lose their sovereignty or move to other countries all because many many years ago the UN felt sorry for Jewish people after the holocaust and granted them a land grab.

It's not as though there would no longer be enough room for the people of Israel.

To be honest, I think that the response of the UN is actually along the same lines as the holocaust in this sense of segregation. A religion is not the same as a nation. Jews should have been re-integrated back into the countries of Europe they came from, not given massive land reparations on the basis of race whilst the indigenous people of those lands are kicked out or told they have to become Israeli as well. If you're there first (and I mean that actually you yourself, living people, were there first, not ancient people out of a religious storybook), why should you have to leave or be subjugated?

I realise that this is a simplistic solution which the Israelis would never agree to, as they get no benefits from it (should one benefit from a gift to yourself which has come at the cost of harm to others?) but it does seem the fairest one to me.

• Like 2

I think the best way forward is to either relocate the Palestinians (I say relocate as in adapting to life there and granted citizenship) or the Arab countries should realise that their treatment of Palestinian refugees is immoral and give them citizenship.

Surely this is an extremely Isreal-centric point of view, though? Surely the best way forward would be to return the land that used to belong to them back to the Palestinians. It certainly seems the fairest to me. I don't see why the Palestinians must lose their sovereignty or move to other countries all because many many years ago the UN felt sorry for Jewish people after the holocaust and granted them a land grab.

It's not as though there would no longer be enough room for the people of Israel.

To be honest, I think that the response of the UN is actually along the same lines as the holocaust in this sense of segregation. A religion is not the same as a nation. Jews should have been re-integrated back into the countries of Europe they came from, not given massive land reparations on the basis of race whilst the indigenous people of those lands are kicked out or told they have to become Israeli as well. If you're there first (and I mean that actually you yourself, living people, were there first, not ancient people out of a religious storybook), why should you have to leave or be subjugated?

I realise that this is a simplistic solution which the Israelis would never agree to, as they get no benefits from it (should one benefit from a gift to yourself which has come at the cost of harm to others?) but it does seem the fairest one to me.

Exactly.

Palestinians should not be punished for actions they have not committed against the Jews. Throughout Arab history Jews and Muslims have been living side by side, when the Jews were kicked out of Spain after the "Reconquista" and the fall of Granada, the Ottomans granted the Jews refuge in their own empire, where they were oppressed and discriminated everywhere else. But in return the Zionists annexed Palestine, fair isn't it?

Isn't kindness and hospitality in harsh times, supposed to be also met by kindness and hospitality, or at the very least be met by some appreciation? Not, hate, discrimination, brutality, and savagery, which is accompanied by a three year long siege on the Gaza strip.

• Like 1