Iam i screwed

Alf

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask you what do you think am I screwed because my subjects are Higher: English B, Psychology,Business Standard: Math studies, German A1, and Ecosystem I am predicted 30

Do you think i can apply anywhere with these scores. Do you think anyone wants to take me i wanna do Business Studies.

And a other general Question can i study for one year at a english uni and then transfer to a german uni?

Thx for help

You're never screwed if you put in the hard work. Asking if you're screwed is a stupid question because if you want above 40 you will stay in all year and work exceedingly hard, but you can achieve anything if you work hard enough. So no you're not screwed: don't give yourself a self-fulfilling prophecy. Work hard and you will do better. Also, a 30 isnt too bad a score, in victoria, Australia it converts to 84/100. which will get you into a multitude of very good courses, even at the best university here: Melbourne. So don't say you're screwed: because no-one is, there is always an alternative pathway to what you want to do.

I'm not sure about the transfer thing, British universities aren't like US ones where you have people transferring every year. It's difficult to do it, normally people drop out of university and then reapply to another one.

They DO have transfer students, but they have to apply to universities just like new university applicants (through the UCAS system), there is no separate procedure and universities don't usually allocate very many places for transfers. Most students change courses, not universities.

But I found a website for you, http://www.universitytransferguide.co.uk/ which may help. I guess the procedure would be to email your German university either now, before you accept an offer from a British university, and ask them whether they accept transfer students. You should also ask if credits from British universities are converted to German credits, which may be a problem if the German university doesn't offer exactly the same course as your British university did.

But why do you want to transfer anyways? If you want to study in both countries, do your undergraduate studies in one country and postgraduate in another. There will inevitably be problems with the language of teaching, as you will have learned everything in English the first year and missed out on the German version.

You can also apply to do an ERASMUS exchange during your second or third year of study, which means that if you were in a British univeristy, you could study for a year in Germany. Or vice versa.

c) All subjects must have been taken uninterruptedly up to the end of the school career.

That would mean doing an anticipated course would mean you can't study in Germany, no?

Also, you need to do one of Economics, History and Geography, they don't accept Psychology as a social science. Weird.

Well, all is not lost, I'm not sure if you can transfer from one university to another, most of the time people drop out of said university and reapply to another. That being said, you CAN study in a Germany university, if you enter some kind of student exchange programme in British universities such as Erasmus, but it's limited to a year, and that would increase your study years in univeristy (instead of having 3 years, you have 4 years).

That being said, as people already mentioned, you can't study in Germany if you have Math studies. You usually have to have a Science and Math Standard, and the science has to be at higher level unless you've decided to do Math Higher Level.

And out of curiosity, what is Psychology considered in German universities? O.o

And don't worry, I'm sure there are universities that take 30 points from the IB, just search long and hard through UCAS >.<

Edited by Leen

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think you are scfrewed yet (lol), but you need to work hardER. I was predicted only 25 points in my first predicted grades (and i was one of the best in my class LOL ) Ths was also because of a lot of weird teachers though, but i began to work hard and now i feel that i should be albe to to well. The key is to start woriking on your own (My dreams about Cambridge has helped me a lot with that)

Capa...!

Simply work harder. Remember, that grade is only a PREDICTED one. Anything can happen between now and your exams.

But 30 isn't too bad. It's ABOVE average (world average being 29).

If you want to go to UK unis then Im not so sure about the English B. Maths studies is also a bit easy if you want to major in economics/management.

Good Luck:)