Kskm

Hey all,

Currently enrolled in the IB Program, I am still undecided on two subjects that I wish to pursue: engineering and medicine. Leaning more towards the medical field, I had chosen my courses mainly based on that decision; however, I am concerned about the amount of stress it might bring during my junior and senior year. My selected courses include:

HL Math, HL English Lang. & Lit., HL Chem, HL Bio, SL Psych, and SL Mandarin Ab Initio

My concerns include what subjects are required to enroll in a medical program in the United States or the United Kingdom (mainly for HL), and whether switching one of my HL sciences to SL Music would bring about any concerns, and if not, which HL science to pursue.

For the US, medicine is a graduate program. This means you typically have to present an undergraduate degree or have spent some time in post secondary. IB subject options shouldn't be a huge concern at this point if you're primary interest is staying in the States.

For the UK, most schools I've looked usually asked for HL Chem along with one of HL Physics/Math/Bio. So, definitely keep Chemistry and spend some time researching schools and look at their requirements before coming to a first decision.