Hi, I am currently an MYP student and the time to choose my subjects for next year is coming up so I just wanted some advice on what people thought of my choices and whether I'm biting off more than I can chew. For background knowledge about my subject choices, I'm aiming to get into a CS college.

HL - Math, Physics, Computer Science

SL - English, Spanish, ESS

I know that chemistry is traditionally a subject for CS but I'm personally very bad with the subject and I've heard that HL and SL chem are quite difficult, and considering the fact that my HL's are already quite rigorous on their own, I wasn't sure if it was the best idea to add chem to the workload. I'm also not really sure about ESS yet, I want to take either ESS or a humanities subject that won't be as demanding as some of the other options. So I'm just wondering whether my subject choices are cohesive and whether I should be taking chem or maybe switching out ESS for a humanities subject? Thanks for reading. :)

It really depends on the college course which you will be attending in the future, rather than the college you're entering. If HL chemistry is a requirement to join the course, you should highly consider taking HL chemistry then. If not, you could drop HL or even SL chemistry. However, I should warn you first that HL mathematics is a very challenging and demanding course. Other than that, you should be fine!\

Hope this helps! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lixter said:

It really depends on the college course which you will be attending in the future, rather than the college you're entering. If HL chemistry is a requirement to join the course, you should highly consider taking HL chemistry then. If not, you could drop HL or even SL chemistry. However, I should warn you first that HL mathematics is a very challenging and demanding course. Other than that, you should be fine!\

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you so much! I admittedly haven't really looked into that in-depth yet, but I'll definitely look up some courses and their requirements. And I know that Math HL is very demanding but I don't think I'll be able to escape it if I'm really committed to CS so I'll have to work very hard. Thanks once again. :)