Math Studies IA- Day length times--NEED more processes

Solo Bey

Ok. So my math studies IA is on evaluating day lengths of a particular city. I'm trying to predict how long will the summer solstice be by evaluating the day lengths of the past 5 months. 

The day lengths make a sin curve, but I only picked 180 days or 5 months. The sin curve isn't complete enough for me to calculate sin regression by hand. I did the sin reg on my TI-84. Will IB accept that or will I have to do it by hand? Its just that it take SOOO long to get data for this because I had to go in and refigure all of the data. Like I had to change all the days so Janurary 1st becomes day 0 and so on until March 31st became day 90, AND I had to convert the hours/minutes/seconds to decimal hours (11:46:43 becomes 11.7786 hours and so on for all 180 days). It took me about 4 hours to do all of this. Should I try to get more months/data and try to make a sin reg by hand or will IB accept what my trusty calc came up with? 

God, I feel stupid for even asking that because I'm pretty sure what the answer will be... :angry:

OK, all that aside, another thing I need is another process. All I have is sin reg, plus some equation that I found in my textbook that calculates day length. What else can I do with this data?