[Discussion] What are some of the best major CAS Projects at your school?

IB Examiner

Just wondering what are some of the best major CAS projects that are the most memorable/creative at your school? For my school, someone started  a non profit organization called 'Backpack 4 Kids', which donated hundreds of backpacks to finincially unstable families in the Philippines. Pretty cool.

We went to Cambodia and built a house in a rural village, and then volunteered at an orphanage for HIV/AIDS children. It was definitely the most eye-opening experience of my life, and I feel as if we made a lasting impact because the house we built has changed the life of one family, who was previously living in a junkyard in extreme poverty. 

We weren't doing it just for CAS at the end of the day, we were doing it for others in need, and I feel as if our project epitomised the desired outcomes of CAS.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

We went to Cambodia and built a house in a rural village, and then volunteered at an orphanage for HIV/AIDS children. It was definitely the most eye-opening experience of my life, and I feel as if we made a lasting impact because the house we built has changed the life of one family, who was previously living in a junkyard in extreme poverty. 

We weren't doing it just for CAS at the end of the day, we were doing it for others in need, and I feel as if our project epitomised the desired outcomes of CAS.

We went on a charity trip to Sri Lanka, it was awesome. We help renovate a school there in a rural village.

Were those school based trips or some organisation? Could you guys tell me more about who hosts the trips and how i can take part in it if it happens again

We went on a charity trip to Sri Lanka, it was awesome. We help renovate a school there in a rural village.

Were those school based trips or some organisation? Could you guys tell me more about who hosts the trips and how i can take part in it if it happens again

The school usually organizes trips like those with an organization outside of school. Here are some links that you might find useful if your school doesn't offer these programmes but you're still interested! :)

1. http://www.goeco.org/tags/teenage-volunteering
  2. http://www.travelforteens.com/trip-category/trip-type/community-service-type/