lavender

• 1 month later...

UCAL? :) It's in London, its an art school that entirely focuses on art, esp practical art I think. And mostly, IT'S IN LONDON. :D

There is another one called UCL which is a more "broad" type of uni, but I have also heard that their art faculty is great as well. 

Then there is Oxbridge ofc :P They both seem to have fantastic museums and collections (duuuh) but unless you are very ambitious with your IB grades in general it is VERY competitive to apply to both.. (double duuuuh). 

I'm not applying for fine arts or anything like that though, do not consider myself qualified enough for that :P

Instead my goal is to get into history of art somewhere in the UK, preferably in Scotland :) There is a very interesting program in Glasgow uni called Digital Media which can be combined with History of Art! I'm also considering Edinburgh which provides History of Art and Literature - I think I would enjoy this combination very much as well since I love literature. 

But I guess you're still in your first year of IB and although it is great to have a general direction to what you aim to achieve, searching for uni is perhaps not that great of concern for you atm :P But I would recommend using QS ranking as guidance in your search (if you're not already using it ofc XD) , but don't rely on it too much since it is still biased to some extent.... I believe that there are great art schools out there in the UK that produce brilliant artists but don't really get the credits for it since they are not big enough to be put amongst all the "prestigious" unis. 

Good luck with following your heart! :)

Edited by Nini Huang

I'm clearly biased, so I'm going to state outright you should go for Goldsmiths!

Of course, there's the bigger unis (and probably better known) such as UAL, UCA, Falmouth, DeMontfort, Kent, Slade (at UCL- super hard but also quite prestigious..?) Edinburgh College of Art, Kingston (not particularly, but I did apply for art here), Ravensbourne, Brighton. 

You'll probably find that most major universities offer at least one arts related programs, but whether that's fine arts or specifically creative arts related is a completely different issue. Art universities tend not to do very well on rankings, so try not to let that faze you too much. 

I'm of course assuming you're going for visual arts. If you're interested in something like design or fashion, that's another ballpark. 

Best of luck! :) hope this helped.