How hard it is to a the 3 core points?

TOK has gotten pretty hard as they recently changed the syllabus, my team and i had a 9/10 from presentation and i was predicted 8/10 for my essay, but i somehow got a B from TOK. My EE was an A so i still got the full points, but TOK is definitely not as easy as everyone takes it to be.

• Like 1

It's really not to hard tbh. I was predicted an A for EE and a A for TOK. It ended up having a B for my EE and an A for TOK. My teacher predicted an 8/10 for both my essay and presentation, and the predicted grade ended up being my final grade as a scraped by the A boundary with a total of 24/30. I figured my EE would drop because my teachers made a big deal about how great it was, but I really only did it in 12 hours. Really, if you spend time on them and follow the criteria, especially for TOK, it isn't that tough. Choose a prescribed title that you actually understand and could see yourself making a strong argument for. 

• Like 1

EE and ToK are marked using almost opposite rubrics. The former breaks a single paper into 9 whopping categories where both the ToK presentation and essay are holistically scored. 

I figured my EE would drop because my teachers made a big deal about how great it was, but I really only did it in 12 hours. Really, if you spend time on them and follow the criteria, especially for TOK, it isn't that tough. Choose a prescribed title that you actually understand and could see yourself making a strong argument for. 

Although some IAs I tried to pull off in 12 hours, the EE was not one of them for me. But what 2to10 really got right is follow the criteria. Like criterion C (to my best memory) was Investigation and the top band (4) requested an imaginative range of sources so I went out of my way to create surveys for a math EE. Somehow it worked. 

I have never been able to write good "holistically" and literature is one of my lower marks. But if you can write a detailed, cohesive argumentative piece then maybe the ToK essay is a lot easier for you.