May 2015- Physics Paper 1 and Paper 2

superspeed49

Right so my technique was that I knew that r = mv/qb . R is constant and b is constant, so remove b from the equation. Therefore, I simply multiplied the columns of m and v for each MCQ option and divided them by the value of q . I don't think mass/charge ratio is relevant here, given its physics, but that's just what I think. Option B gave me the same ratio of mv/q when I multiplied and divided the appropriate columns. It was probably 2m and 2q and 1v. So here, velocity hasn't changed either, so both problems are solved. 

Edited by Megamind

Right so my technique was that I knew that r = mv/qb . R is constant and b is constant, so remove b from the equation. Therefore, I simply multiplied the columns of m and v for each MCQ option and divided them by the value of q . I don't think mass/charge ratio is relevant here, given its physics, but that's just what I think. Option B gave me the same ratio of mv/q when I multiplied and divided the appropriate columns. It was probably 2m and 2q. So here, velocity hasn't changed either, so both problems are solved. 

Thats what I did but twice the mass and half the velocity also give you the same value ;)

I''ve made a lot of silly mistakes

Ossih please tell me why in q9 the reading on the voltmeter is 6 and what value of R did you get?

I got 20 Ohms

Don't fret man :) Boundaries are generally lax and you sound like you know what you're doing!

The reading on the voltmeter is 6 because the resistance in the external and internal circuits is now the same. The voltmeter measures the resistance across the external circuit :) Voltage splits according to resistance, so if they're equal, then the voltage splits half half. The total voltage was 12V, so 6V is dissipated in the internal resistor and 6V in the external circuit.

I got 20 Ohms too!

But how Ossih, isn't because they are in parallel, they will have the same voltage, otherwise I am stupid because I could have write 6 even without understanding, and I wish they Ecf my answer to the next question

Concerning the damping question Ossih, do you think that the liquid will be damped in this significant way ? So consider water oscillating in a bottle ?

But how Ossih, isn't because they are in parallel, they will have the same voltage, otherwise I am stupid because I could have write 6 even without understanding, and I wish they Ecf my answer to the next question

They will have the same voltage yeah but the battery has an internal resistance as well, so some voltage is lost there. The voltmeter doesn't measure that. The voltmeter measures the voltage in the external circuit only. And of course they'll ecf it!

• Like 1

Ossih what about the 2nd part of the 9th question about atoms, wave functions..... How did you find it?

Find what? The uncertainty in momentum, you use ∆x∆p is approximately h/4π, and ∆x is the length of the box.

Then the momentum = h/wavelength

And for the graph, its a standing wave in its 6th harmonic.

• Like 1

Guys I have a question, for the binding energy per nuclei graph in q2 p2, the be per nucleon axis had values, will marks be deducted if I ignored them because I don't know where the peak is on the y axis, on the x it's 56 but on the y I had no idea,

Concerning the damping question Ossih, do you think that the liquid will be damped in this significant way ? So consider water oscillating in a bottle ?

If that's the paper 1 question, I think it would be damped. I mean, just thinking about it, if you shake a bottle of water, the water is going to stop sooner or later!

• Like 1

Ossih what about the 2nd part of the 9th question about atoms, wave functions..... How did you find it?

Find what? The uncertainty in momentum, you use ∆x∆p is approximately h/4π, and ∆x is the length of the box.

Then the momentum = h/wavelength

And for the graph, its a standing wave in its 6th harmonic.

No, I mean how do you find the question :)

And how should I now that it is at the 6 th harmonic, i didn't know the length, they gave me the position?

If that's the paper 1 question, I think it would be damped. I mean, just thinking about it, if you shake a bottle of water, the water is going to stop sooner or later!

Yes, but also we need to consider that the graph shows light damping