How many hours do you sleep?

Solarstorm

• 2 weeks later...

Minimum 6 hours each night. Less than that and I'd be non functioning, meaning I can't concentrate in class. If I allow myself to only sleep 6 hours each night more than one day, I'd eventually end up sleeping in the class...(happens in math, physics and chemistry classes.. x) )

Normally I'd like to get 7-8 hours of sleep. That seems to be the perfect match for me.

Maximum 9 hours of sleep. More than that and it's hard to get up from bed, and it does not seem to help, except in cases where you've spent the whole week sleeping <6 hours each night. Then I'd like a "recovery session."

Edited by ranm

for the first semester i played football and we had practice from right after school to 7:15p.m. so i didn't get home until 8 then i had to eat and i tried to do home work but usually went to sleep around 9-9:30 unless i had a big project but i never studied for tests. somehow i never got below a C+ that whole quarter. Now i go to BED around 8:30 but dont actually fall asleep till 10-11.

Oh and I usually wake up around 5:30-6.

Usually around 7 hours on weekdays and then on the weekends it varies depending on what I'm doing. If I'm home then its usually around 10 hours but if I'm out somewhere then I get maybe four hours of sleep xP

But I dont think that my sleep gets affected by IB. Mostly because if I finish all my important assignments first and then if I'm not done with the other less important stuff I just go to bed and finish them at school XD

During school time:

Weekdays - usually 0~4 hours I think. I once had this weird "disease" where if I get more than 5 hours of sleep I felt bad, drowsy and had a killer headache the whole day next day. When I had about 3 hours of sleep, though, I found out that I tended to be more wide awake. (maybe a bit high from the lack of sleep, but still) After that weird "disease" had gone away I've been increasing my hours of sleep to 5 or 6 hours per night...no, wait I don't cuz I go to bed earlier but then I get up at 5 am or 6. Sometimes I stay up the whole night doing my assignment, e.g. TOK presentation preparation, Maths portfolio.

Weekends - Then I crash. So it's about 8~around 12, max 14 hours of sleep a day. Last time I stayed up the whole night doing my English IOP, then two days later I again stayed up the whole night doing my first portfolio. After school that day I literally crashed and slept for 16 hours non-stop.

During holiday:

Weekdays - 8 hours max, 5 or 6 hours min. I don't know, this is only the 3rd week of my 7 weeks holiday so my sleeping time might get pushed back further and further as time goes on, but then so far I've been getting about twice much sleep I used to get back in school.

Weekends - 8 hours or more, usually 9 or 10.

Funny thing is, I feel more tired these days.

I do not know how to describe how many hours that I sleep. Sometimes, during exam weeks, I don't even sleep at all. But, this is because I have slept a lot during the day. But then, on average I can say that it is about 5 hours everyday. I like to stay up at night. So, I usually sleep during the day provided that it is holiday.

Well, talking about sleep here, I just want to share about this article entitled "Sleep Less but Have more Energy"

You may find an extract that somehow referring to your sleeping habit. Have fun reading it.

You can view it at : http://www.scribd.com/doc/6782128/How-to-S...Ever-Had-Before

• 2 weeks later...