Nature tends towards disorder...

but are IB markers aware of that fact? 

Nah seriously. My random error is actually really small but my equipment error reaches the 35% & it is because the pH meters were incredible ****ty & they fluctuated a LOT. Can I just point it out as a limitation or there is no way I can present an experiment with that biiiig error?

Thank you ^_^

my teacher would tell me that "what you get is what you get." explain it thoroughly in your evaluation and explain the systematic error.

Exactly, and apart from this try to locate not only the source of the error, but other factors that can have contributed to such a "great" error. You're getting assesed on your analysis and Evaluation not on the amount of uncertanity which you attain from a Lab. Believe me, I do Physics, and some of my colleagues, and myself included have gotten uncertanties greater than that. Especially when dealing with SHC. 

• Like 1

my teacher would tell me that "what you get is what you get." explain it thoroughly in your evaluation and explain the systematic error.

Exactly, and apart from this try to locate not only the source of the error, but other factors that can have contributed to such a "great" error. You're getting assesed on your analysis and Evaluation not on the amount of uncertanity which you attain from a Lab. Believe me, I do Physics, and some of my colleagues, and myself included have gotten uncertanties greater than that. Especially when dealing with SHC. 

thank you for your answers, greatly appreciated :)

its not enough i have 100% uncertainty i should be dux of ib but prac reports holding me back gg i deserve 46/45

hahahah "I should be dux of IB"

that also happened to me & I actually got 200% error once lol. I just said that the equipment wasn't sensitive enough to detect accurate changes so it could be said that virtually no changes occured. 

It was because the recorded change in pH was 0.2 & the sensor was fluctuating so much that the error was +- 0.4.

I should be the IB queen thanks so much