Start again?

Ghostaka

I know EXACTLY how you feel. But the point is instead of worrying about the past we should plan for the future.(Cliche) So why not start learning what you are going to do later in the year, in advance so when you show up in class you are doing that math again, from the beginning. Lol

But i definetly dont mind going back to my first year.(dont we all?)

I still remember i used to find sequences and series abit challenging. Now its laughable. lol

I'm one,

I wish I could go back to the beginning of my first year of IB Math and do it WELL!

It's not like I've got nasty marks or anything.... but... you know!

HL

ITGS

English

Biology

Business Management

SL

Mathematics

Spanish AB

definitely count me in...

but if i do math again...i still think i will not be able to get it....

• 2 weeks later...
i wish i could go back to a time when i could still change to maths studies. actually, i used to be good at maths, i want to go back to then and carry on working and being good at it.

yeah same here... even though im almost done with the program i still wish i would've picked math studies! i also used to be pretty good at math but i guess its also the teacher... she's pretty strict and most of the time we dont understand what she is telling us!

Lol I'm blessed when it comes to Math so nope I wouldn't wanna repeat the Math. Alhamdulilah.

But hell yea I want to repeat all the other subjects, at least now I know that what the previous IB-II told us wasn't a load of bullcrap. :dunno:

If I were to repeat I'd know what to do and what not to do, and I'd score pretty much higher than probably will now.

I'm one,

I wish I could go back to the beginning of my first year of IB Math and do it WELL!

It's not like I've got nasty marks or anything.... but... you know!

HL

ITGS

English

Biology

Business Management

SL

Mathematics

Spanish AB

Hi everyone, just found this place, i think it's pretty sad that before i become VIP i basically can't get any help... I'm in the position most of you are, I wish I could go back and do it better!!!! :coffee: But as it is I have to re-do my Internals! I really need tips for topics on an IA in math studies.. I'm a bit too new here to have already had the chance to help the site out.. but help is needed? Promise to help as much as I can in future for some tips? :P

IMHO i think that everyone that did poorly in the past would like to go back. I can also relate to this, logarithms were a pain in the ass for me, now that i look at them, they seem to be a joke. I'm naturally ungifted at math, so i'm not too woried about that now since im forced to take HL. :)

I don't really want to go back. It's just that I would like to have more time for concentrating on math right now. We're doing integrals at the moment and I understand the examples we do in class...but I would like to practice more by myself, before it's too late :)

You can practice from pastpapers, they're the best when it comes to practice. Or you can have your teacher give you a worksheet.

You should practice. Last year's IB grads didn't have much time to practice and almost all of them got 1 below their expected. (Some lost more than one grade.)

The problem is not really not having exercises to do. It's mostly the lack of time or will that I'm dealing with right now. I'm really looking forward to the quiz we have next week...it will make me revise and work.

it has been only like 2 months since i started IB, but I already wanna go back to the past and start again!

i always put off my work and now i have tons of things to do.. i really regret that.. :yahoo:

or.. i wanna go back to the primary school and start all over again...

i don't know why things have been messed up so much!

Just a sec... I got lost.

You're naturally ungifted at math, as in you're not good in it? If so, then how come you're not too worried about being forced to take math HL?

my bad, let me rephrase that, im bad at math. but since my school only offers HL math, im forced to take HL, so im not worried math because i know i'll do poorly

You should still work, though. If you just "let it be" then you might fail. Losing your IB Diploma isn't such a nice thing. =P

it has been only like 2 months since i started IB, but I already wanna go back to the past and start again!

i always put off my work and now i have tons of things to do.. i really regret that.. :S

or.. i wanna go back to the primary school and start all over again...

i don't know why things have been messed up so much!

Be careful, man! Just try to catch up for now. Whatever homework you've missed leave it. Try to catch up in the studies and then keep up. If you're trying to do all the homework and catchup while still try to not fall further behind, you'll be doomed. Just try to catch up. =P The first year is the most important year, the second is all about getting your assignments done.

Edited by Anonymouser