Oxford Economics and Management

IctEcon

So, I am planning on applying to Oxford (god forbid I get my hopes up, I'm basically not expecting anything but just gonna give it a shot and see what happens, might as well try and fail than never try at all). Ofcourse I need to achieve all the grades, but for applying it would really help (and ofcourse i'm interested) in reading some books on these 2 topics.

Does anyone have any recommendations for economis or management books? I heard freakonomics was supposed to be pretty good.

I love Freakonomics so much - in all honesty, it's pretty much the only economics book I've ever been really interested in! So I'm sad it's not on the reading list Gaby has posted above. :( Whilst it is a popular book (so lots of people will likely be talking about it) and is controversial in many ways, I think it's a great one to read. I didn't apply for any economics courses in the UK, but I did apply for a finance course in the US and I found it useful to reference Freaknomics in my university essay, mostly because I had nothing else to say. It worked for me, so if you do end up finding Freakonomics - or any other economics/management books you read - intriguing, it's definitely worth referencing it in the PS and/or interview. Good luck! 

• 3 months later...