VISUAL ARTS HL - Ideas for an art project related to the sin of "PRIDE"? (HELP)

familyjewels

All my studio art work is due in a week and I only need ONE final art project to complete everything. I decided to add something new, which is the 7 deadly sins. That's not my theme by the way, it's actually identity. So I'm using this as a source to finalise my studio art works.

Current problems: Ran out of ideas, only have 5 days left (everything's due on June 20th), and my ideas were rejected by my art teacher because they were way too cliché (I agree too...). 

I'll have 17 art works in the end and I know I don't need more since 18 is the max and 11 (I think) is the minimum. However, it wouldn't seem right if I only have 6 deadly sins, when they're actually 7. That's my dilemma. 

Any ideas? :( Please, I'm desperate. 

Edited by familyjewels

Maybe something related to Julius Caesar? When I think of 'Pride' as a sin, he's the first thing that pops in my head.

...Or Justin Bieber now that I think about it. There was that photograph of him on top of a car after he got released from jail with the tagline, "Prince of Pop" and the image was shared side-by-side with an image of Michael Jackson. If that's not sinful pride, I don't know what is. --> http://youtu.be/_6aV40CG-30

...Or there's this famous moral story about a beggar who was begging (as they do) and he was given a penny. The beggar threw the penny away thinking himself too proud for something as little as a penny. A rich man then comes by and picks it up and says that if he'd rejected generosity when shown to him, even if it was a single penny, he'd've never gotten to where he is now. The beggar hearing this went, "OMFG, I totes screwed up!"...or something along those lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe something related to Julius Caesar? When I think of 'Pride' as a sin, he's the first thing that pops in my head.

...Or Justin Bieber now that I think about it. There was that photograph of him on top of a car after he got released from jail with the tagline, "Prince of Pop" and the image was shared side-by-side with an image of Michael Jackson. If that's not sinful pride, I don't know what is. --> http://youtu.be/_6aV40CG-30

...Or there's this famous moral story about a beggar who was begging (as they do) and he was given a penny. The beggar threw the penny away thinking himself too proud for something as little as a penny. A rich man then comes by and picks it up and says that if he'd rejected generosity when shown to him, even if it was a single penny, he'd've never gotten to where he is now. The beggar hearing this went, "OMFG, I totes screwed up!"...or something along those lines.

I was stunned by the video... By the way, I already have some other ideas and I have more time actually, our IB coordinator was just upset that most of the class had a maximum of 13 studio works.. so therefore he pressured us (not surprised). Thanks for the ideas though! :)

So why don't you tell us more about the 6 projects about the deadly sins you have done? Are they all very similar to each other or different? What subjects did you choose?   :))

I finished a few days ago actually, it was just our IB coordinator who was pressuring us...

Anyway, since my theme is identity, I usually develop my ideas with surrealism techniques and the human aesthetic, of course, combing and using techniques from other artists, this time I'm using Louis Icart's techniques and water-colour for this chapter.

7 Deadly Sins, chapter:

Lust: Just drawing a woman pleasuring herself and it looks like a Yin-Yang sign (don't really know how to describe, so i'll just post a picture soon), so basically it's vanity and lust, I guess.

Gluttony: A woman eating a man's brains (which is not his brain actually, they're just fruits, veggies and other stereotypical foods) with a fork, whilst the man is showing a cold and frightened appearance.

Greed: I call this one: having, pleasuring, burning and smoking IT ("it" means money). It basically shows a, sort of, comic strip of a woman having loads of cash (1st square), then just pleasures herself with the money (2nd square) and in the end she burns the dollar (3rd square) and proudly smokes it (last square).

Sloth: A man stuck in a tree and the roots are linked with his body parts... so basically it just shows how the man won't move at all and stay where he is.

Wrath: Basically the sign of 'drama', you know, the one of the sad and happy one? Yeah, so in the right side it shows a calm and steady women embracing her alluring beauty, whereas, in the other side (left), shows a choleric and evil one, and flames are coming out from their eyes and mouth.

Envy: An angry woman-snake figure looking herself in the mirror with utter dissatisfaction.

Pride: A woman looking herself proudly at a mirror and basically the expressions in her shows that she's incredibly self-obsessed and thinks she's better than others (this one's way too cliche, but oh well... I really like how this one turned out).

So yeah, those are my studio works of this chapter plus the 13 other ones, but I don't feel like explaining each one right now haha. I might publish them in this website, but I don't know if it's allowed... I really have no idea, do you think I should publish it here? If so, how do I do it??

By the way, my subjects are already mentioned in my signature and my bio, check it out  :)

Edited by familyjewels

So why don't you tell us more about the 6 projects about the deadly sins you have done? Are they all very similar to each other or different? What subjects did you choose?   :))

I finished a few days ago actually, it was just our IB coordinator who was pressuring us...

Anyway, since my theme is identity, I usually develop my ideas with surrealism techniques and the human aesthetic, of course, combing and using techniques from other artists, this time I'm using Louis Icart's techniques and water-colour for this chapter.

7 Deadly Sins, chapter:

Lust: Just drawing a woman pleasuring herself and it looks like a Yin-Yang sign (don't really know how to describe, so i'll just post a picture soon), so basically it's vanity and lust, I guess.

Gluttony: A woman eating a man's brains (which is not his brain actually, they're just fruits, veggies and other stereotypical foods) with a fork, whilst the man is showing a cold and frightened appearance.

Greed: I call this one: having, pleasuring, burning and smoking IT ("it" means money). It basically shows a, sort of, comic strip of a woman having loads of cash (1st square), then just pleasures herself with the money (2nd square) and in the end she burns the dollar (3rd square) and proudly smokes it (last square).

Sloth: A man stuck in a tree and the roots are linked with his body parts... so basically it just shows how the man won't move at all and stay where he is.

Wrath: Basically the sign of 'drama', you know, the one of the sad and happy one? Yeah, so in the right side it shows a calm and steady women embracing her alluring beauty, whereas, in the other side (left), shows a choleric and evil one, and flames are coming out from their eyes and mouth.

Envy: An angry woman-snake figure looking herself in the mirror with utter dissatisfaction.

Pride: A woman looking herself proudly at a mirror and basically the expressions in her shows that she's incredibly self-obsessed and thinks she's better than others (this one's way too cliche, but oh well... I really like how this one turned out).

So yeah, those are my studio works of this chapter plus the 13 other ones, but I don't feel like explaining each one right now haha. I might publish them in this website, but I don't know if it's allowed... I really have no idea, do you think I should publish it here? If so, how do I do it??

By the way, my subjects are already mentioned in my signature and my bio, check it out  :)

Wow your ideas are great, I have to say! 

Personally the Gluttony is my favorite:DDD

Now I can't wait to see your works!!! 

And publishing them here is OK, I think... but it would be safer if you add some watermarks. After all they are your own studio works and they will be marked by the IBO :shifty: