Chemistry P1 and P2 TZ2

Abdelbari

Our teacher taught us Option D and E, but I found option E to be horribly boring, and considering the fact that I do HL Biology anyway, figured I might as well self-teach Human Biochem :P No regrets either because my classmates came out of the exam in a state of shock over Option E and omg, Human Bicohem was so, so easy. What did you guys get for the product of the distearin question? I put down Stearic acid :S And the question about why that chemical wasn't an anabolic steroid was because it didn't have four fused rings, right?

Our teacher taught us Option D and E, but I found option E to be horribly boring, and considering the fact that I do HL Biology anyway, figured I might as well self-teach Human Biochem :P No regrets either because my classmates came out of the exam in a state of shock over Option E and omg, Human Bicohem was so, so easy. What did you guys get for the product of the distearin question? I put down Stearic acid :S And the question about why that chemical wasn't an anabolic steroid was because it didn't have four fused rings, right?

Now 24 hrs is up too for P3 tz2, how did everyone find it? I did options D and E, I found both options good overall but i hate the absurdity of option E regarding the solubility product calculation. In general it was harder than last year's...

I did option E as well and the calculation annoyed me so much! I did past papers from last year to 2010 and every single Ksp calculation was the same, then we get that! The remembering equations wasn't great either.

I did options D and E as well! I think option D was quite nice, asking about the acids in the stomach and all was a give away and there was nothing that threw me off too much. For the Ksp equation in E, I completely ignored the concentrations given in the question and wrote as my assumption that the concentrations of the two solvents or whatever they were (can't even remember anymore! Haha) were the same, then continued calculating it as shown in textbooks. I obviously must have done something wrong but I might get 2 out of 4 marks for it (if even)
I also really liked option D :D , do you remember the question about increased potency of diamorphine, was it about the polarity. Also remember the similarities of structures between mescaline and psyclobine, was it okay if we actually drew the structures for similarities and differences? I also ignored the concentrations and just did the traditional way, most ppl did it the traditional way so hopefully it's correct :P , I think the cocentrations given were only to confuse us or to be used as a proof...

Now 24 hrs is up too for P3 tz2, how did everyone find it? I did options D and E, I found both options good overall but i hate the absurdity of option E regarding the solubility product calculation. In general it was harder than last year's...

I did option E as well and the calculation annoyed me so much! I did past papers from last year to 2010 and every single Ksp calculation was the same, then we get that! The remembering equations wasn't great either.

I did options D and E as well! I think option D was quite nice, asking about the acids in the stomach and all was a give away and there was nothing that threw me off too much. For the Ksp equation in E, I completely ignored the concentrations given in the question and wrote as my assumption that the concentrations of the two solvents or whatever they were (can't even remember anymore! Haha) were the same, then continued calculating it as shown in textbooks. I obviously must have done something wrong but I might get 2 out of 4 marks for it (if even)

I also liked option D :D , but if you remember the question about increasing potency of diamorphine, was it increasing polarity? One questions was discuss the similarities and differences between mescaline and psyclobine, was it okay if you just drew the structures? In option E I also ignored the concentrations, and a lot of people calculated the traditional way, hope it's correct :P .... I think the concentrations were only given to confuse us or to be used as proof....

I found option D to find quiet easy :D, by the way what did you understand from the increased potency of diamorphine? was it increased polarity? And for the similarities and differences between mescaline and psyclobin, is it okay to just draw the structures? Man for ksp most of my friends and I did the same traditional method and you did? :P I hope then its correct... Either they put it to just confuse us or to proof something...