Computer Science HL Paper 2 & 3 TZ2

Ho Lee

On p2 I did the OOP option and found it to be fairly easy especially compared to the somewhat confusing queue question on p1. I think I did really well on p3 apart from answering the ddos question about syn floods and forgetting about syn cookies.

Was the last question on your p3 about 2 security issues with BYOD?

• Like 1

i did the OO option aswell and it was amazing!! i loved the linked list questions!!

and simple definitons :3 it was nice

i found paper 3 quite easy (For 30 marks)

the definitions were ok

and the 12 marker was the main question, which included the discussion about BYOD in the school

The on i wasnt sure about is how can a man in the middle still get information from SSL - i had a mind block

i mentioned syn floods for the ddos question :3 i liked it

i only found p1 to be the weirdest! (due to the new syllabus)

i did the OO option aswell and it was amazing!! i loved the linked list questions!!

and simple definitons :3 it was nice

i found paper 3 quite easy (For 30 marks)

the definitions were ok

and the 12 marker was the main question, which included the discussion about BYOD in the school

The on i wasnt sure about is how can a man in the middle still get information from SSL - i had a mind block

i mentioned syn floods for the ddos question :3 i liked it

i only found p1 to be the weirdest! (due to the new syllabus)

We seem to have similar questions on p3 except the 12 marker. On mine (which I believe is TZ1) they asked about 2 issues the security officers of the pharm company would have and how to mitigate them. I also found having to define white list and threat landscape to be pretty easy. I'm hoping the mark bands are as low as they were last year so I have a good chance at a 7. :P

I also didn't understand how MITM can go against a SSL connection. I thought it was impossible.

But I just wrote that MITM could be achieved if the perpetrator intercepted the session transferring from a HTTP to HTTPS, like for example, when a user attempts to go to a login screen(HTTPS) from the homepage(HTTP).