Paper 1 Arab-Israeli Conflict Discussion

David14

I thought that paper was so hard compared to the others I've trained on. I mean not factually because I knew all of the facts but more the sources and the comparisons of them. I got stuck on question 2 which forced me to stress 3 and 4 so much so I can barely remember what I wrote on 4. I said that America had provided a great help in coming to the peace agreements but together with UN as well. I also mentioned Carter and the whole Camp David thing and then I can't remember what else I said lol.

I found this paper also very hard. It was not even comparable to past papers.

I hardly managed to answer question 4, because i heared warning about last 5 minutes while writing my second paragraph.

My friends said exactly the same and we are wondered whether grade boundaries wil be lower.

I found this paper also very hard. It was not even comparable to past papers.

I hardly managed to answer question 4, because i heared warning about last 5 minutes while writing my second paragraph.

My friends said exactly the same and we are wondered whether grade boundaries wil be lower.

Thank god, thought I was the only one.. If it's a general trend that everyone had issues with it then they'll probably be lower, I really hope so.

I thought it was difficult comparing to past years but still manageable. I did have some time management problems so my handwriting is probably not easy to understand at some points but I did get to finish. For question 4, I said that although it's true that the US had a major role, it's too simplistic to say that it was the "driving force". I talked about how Sadat was eager to reach a peace agreement because of Egypt's economic problems at the time.

Edited by Lili75

I really wasn't expecting it to be about the US, but I think that's on my teacher since we barely looked at that aspect of the conflict. So since I had almost no knowledge on that I focused on Sadat and his desire to broker a peace with the Israelis and establish a relationship with the US, concluding that the US couldn't be called the driving force because the statement undermined the role of both the Israelis and Egyptians.