Biology SL TZ2 Paper 3

Raph

Definitely went well for me. Paper 1 went okay, while paper 2 did not. I thought I studied well, but I guess I got unlucky and the topics which I did not study well enough came up.

After paper 2 I decided with my gf that we'd spend the weekend focusing on getting paper 3 nailed and we did!

I was so happy with it, especially after the first two papers. I really wasn't expecting such a nice set of questions! (Options E and H :P)

However I did make some silly mistakes like forgetting what enzyme activated pepsinogen :/ hopefully didn't do too badly though!

didn't the question ask about trypsinogen? or have i misread it

I was so happy with it, especially after the first two papers. I really wasn't expecting such a nice set of questions! (Options E and H :P)

However I did make some silly mistakes like forgetting what enzyme activated pepsinogen :/ hopefully didn't do too badly though!

didn't the question ask about trypsinogen? or have i misread it

Don't worry, it's probably that I remembered it wrong :P My friend told me the answer was enterokinase, so whatever that one activates :) I'm sure you got it right don't worry!

For Option E... Is sunlight considered a natural source of Vitamin D in the human diet? Or did it have to be a food source? I have asked some people and got different responses. I'm aware that it was only for (1) point but I just want to know. The two keywords I have highlighted in bold are what made it confusing to me.

Edited by LeonieIB

Guest IamLurking

According to the IB Bio study book yeah, sunlight is considered a natural source of vitamin D because it can be obtained by synthesis on the skin when it's hit by UV rays in a wavelength from 290 to 310 nm, kinda like non essential aminoacids can be synthesized by the body and therefore it's not THAT imperative to consume food with them. Unless you live somewhere like UK where you don't have nearly enough sun and then you'd have to get vitamin D like milk and fish and stuff